Linux and Token Ring

Post by Blake Park » Tue, 11 Jul 1995 04:00:00

I need to make a Linux Box that will translate ethernet onto a token
ring network and act as a gateway to the internet for the entire
network.  How would I go about doing this?

Blake

1. token ring token ring token ring

I would advice either going to a more recent kernel, or back to 1.2.x,
and applying the TR patch.  As far as I can tell, the built-in TR support
in 1.3 was broken early on, and not fixed until very recently.

I had no end of problems - normally showing as booting and init'ing the
TR card ok, could ping ok, but any more then that (such as telnet or ftp,
either into or out of the Linux machine) gave a kernel panic.

Compiled up 1.3.72 the other day and it's been running perfectly ever
since.  I'm using a Madge Straight Blue right now but have also used
some older IBM 4/16 cards.

Leonard

2. printer

3. TOKEN RING? (unfortunately *IBM* Token Ring)

4. Mach 32 X virtual res problem

5. Any token ring cards work with Linux?

6. Installing HELP!!

7. Linux & Token-Ring

8. New program old libraries

9. Linux on Token Ring <=== guidance please!!

10. SuSE Linux / IBM Token Ring

11. Token Ring Drivers for Linux: Where?

12. Does Linux support Token Ring networks?

13. Token ring cards with linux