boca multi-port serial board bb1008

Post by David Keit » Fri, 20 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I have a Boca Research multi-port (8 port) serial board and I cannot
seem to get the serial ports to initialize correctly with setserial
on startup.  I'm using Linux 2.0 (Slackware 96) with just a stock
installation.  I have however uncommented the correct lines in
rc.serial and upon boot, the ports do list.  However, I cannot get any
data to or from the modems connected to the board.  Is there a trick
to getting this thing working?  I know the modems work because I can
connect them to /dev/cua1 and they each work.  If anyone has
suggestions or solutions, help is greatly appreciated.  Thanks for
your time.

David Keith

1. Boca Boards or other multi port serial cards

I've called Boca research looking for the BB2016 16 port serial card
mentioned in serial-HOWTO(or one of the other HOWTO's).  They gave
me a list price.  Then I flipped through computer shopper looking for
anyone else that might sell them for less.  I was unable to find anyone.

Would someone be so kind as to tell me who I could call about this or
tell me what other boards will work with linux?

Thanks

2. New: modprobe i810/i830 fails with "Cannot allocate memory"

3. Boca Multi-Port Serial Cards

4. flashcard spell program

5. rs_multi loop break errors with boca multi-serial board

6. LED Codes

7. Multi-Port Serial boards

8. RPM_ERROR_MSG

9. PROBLEM: Cyclades multi-port serial board

10. I need recommendations on multi-port serial board + fax/modem comm prog.

11. Multi-Port Serial boards

12. Old Stargate ACL multi-port serial boards

13. Termserver vs. Multi-port serial boards