Backpack Bantam CDROM

Post by Kenh » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Has anyone had experience using a Backpack Bantam CDROM under Linux?  I
have attempted to install Linux 5.1 (RedHat dist.) off the CD, but to no
avail.  I choose the Backpack option from the install program, but it
will not mount.  I do see the access LED on the CDROM drive light up
when the install program is looking for it, but then, nothing.

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated....

Thanks in advance.

-Ken Herndon

Backpack Bantam CDROM

Post by Grant Guenth » Wed, 23 Sep 1998 04:00:00

>Has anyone had experience using a Backpack Bantam CDROM under Linux?  I
>have attempted to install Linux 5.1 (RedHat dist.) off the CD, but to no
>avail.  I choose the Backpack option from the install program, but it
>will not mount.  I do see the access LED on the CDROM drive light up
>when the install program is looking for it, but then, nothing.

The driver on RedHat's boot floppy is pooched.  Contact me directly
for help.

1. Help: Redhat 5.0 & Backpack bantam CDROM

Help - I have a Micro Solutions Backpack Bantam CDROM drive, and I can't see
it. How do I insmod it, or is it supported? I have tried insmod bpcd and
have added the parameters bp_base=0x378 and bp_mode=0, 1 and 2.

I have also tried bp_debug=1 to try to identify what's wrong, but I can only
see that it either a)can't see the devide at 378, or b) it only seems to use
mode 1.

My question really comes down to whether or not RedHat supports EPP or ECP
connections, and if the driver has a bug (!) where it only supports mode 1.

B=

2. Irritating number in the titlebar

3. Installing Linux with a Backpack Bantam CD-ROM

4. Multi Disks as ONE Disk

5. Mounting a BackPack CDROM for RH 5.0

6. "newbie" question moused

7. installing RedHat 4.0 w/backpack cdrom

8. Boot Problem on Solaris 7

9. Help Redhat 5.1 Backpack CDROM

10. driver for Backpack CDROM

11. backpack cdrom install

12. backpack external CDROM

13. Can Linux be installed from a Compaq Backpack cdrom?