1. IDE->SCSI for CDR on offboard IDE controller
I have a HP 7200 CDRW on a Promise Ultra 100 PCI IDE controller and am
using kernel version 2.4.2. I have been following the CD-Writing HOWTO
to set up my kernel and system to use the CD writer. The HP CDRW is
found to be hdf when the system boots up. I have the necessary modules
compiled for the kernel. Then I've taken the "Testing for drivers"
script from the HOWTO & the result is given below. Apparently there must
be some funny twist due to the off board controller that is not allowing
the CD writer to be found as SCSI. I need to help to get past this
problem. The second issue is apparent below: How do I ensure that
modules are automatically loaded?
"Testing for drivers" script output:
Ensure the module scsi_mod is loaded automatically next time.
Ensure the module sg is loaded automatically next time.
Ensure the module sr_mod is loaded automatically next time.
Ensure the module loop is loaded automatically next time.
The following is only needed for IDE/ATAPI CD-writers.
Ensure the module ide-scsi is loaded automatically next time.
Cdrecord 1.9 (i686-pc-linux-gnu) Copyright (C) 1995-2000 J?rg Schilling
Linux sg driver version: 3.1.17
Using libscg version 'schily-0.1'
0,0,0 0) 'IOMEGA ' 'ZIP 250 ' '51.G' Removable Disk
0,1,0 1) *
0,2,0 2) *
0,3,0 3) *
0,4,0 4) *
0,5,0 5) *
0,6,0 6) *
0,7,0 7) *
Thanks in advance,
2. UNIX solution vs. NT solution for multi-user internet support?
3. Fix for promise RAID controllers not working as IDE controllers in 2.4.19
4. Hayes Accura Lucent modem tantalizingly close
5. How to enable 2nd IDE port on DTC 2278D VESA IDE controller card?
6. changed hard drive to HDE and sound won't work
7. Tested: Journaling Filesystems on Linux software RAID-5 using IDE-drives and 2 IDE controller cards
8. Berza Domena (.COM .CO.YU)
9. IDE Controller w/ changable IRQ (use as second controller)
10. ide raid card or an ide controller
11. Built-in IDE controller: secondary controller very slow
12. Jumpstart - disk controller changes when 2.6 >>> 8
13. >>> Compaq SCSI controller