Newbie question Redhat 6.2 PCMCIA problems on laptop

Newbie question Redhat 6.2 PCMCIA problems on laptop

Post by 2Shy2joi » Sat, 22 Jun 2002 23:55:14

Hello,

I'm trying to install Redhat 6.2 on my AcerNote Light 350 pentium 100
laptop with 16MB RAM and a 1,2GB harddisk.

My PCMCIA Arowana NE2000 compatible Ethernet PCMCIA card is not
supported under RH6.2, but it is under RH7.0. Unfortunately I cannot
install 7.0, cause of a lack of RAM.

Is there a workaround to install 6.2 from FTP with an unsupported PCMCIA
card? I believe I need the pcnet_cs file for the right drivers...

I have installed RH6.2 from the harddisk and my PCMCIA card seems to
work..

Any ideas?

Cheeeers,

Martin

Newbie question Redhat 6.2 PCMCIA problems on laptop

Post by Bill Marc » Mon, 24 Jun 2002 09:07:14

On Fri, 21 Jun 2002 16:55:14 +0200,

>Hello,

>I'm trying to install Redhat 6.2 on my AcerNote Light 350 pentium 100
>laptop with 16MB RAM and a 1,2GB harddisk.

>My PCMCIA Arowana NE2000 compatible Ethernet PCMCIA card is not
>supported under RH6.2, but it is under RH7.0. Unfortunately I cannot
>install 7.0, cause of a lack of RAM.

>Is there a workaround to install 6.2 from FTP with an unsupported PCMCIA
>card? I believe I need the pcnet_cs file for the right drivers...

>I have installed RH6.2 from the harddisk and my PCMCIA card seems to
>work..

>Any ideas?

You might just need to copy the lines pertaining to that card in
/etc/pcmcia/config from a system that has Redhat 7.0 installed.

1. Promiscuous Mode - Redhat 6.2 on Laptop & PCMCIA

Hi all

Hope you can help

I am trying to set up a laptop as a Sniffer. I have a 3c589d PCMCIA Card. I
use Ethereal, and when launched, the card is shown as being in promiscuous
mode :

PROMISC is displayed using ifconfig...

I also tried to do ifconfig eth0 promisc before lauching my sniffer.

BUT my sniffer seems to see only packet sent to it, to broadcast, or
multicast, and nothing else...

Is there something I am missing ?

Cheers

2. ELF object question

3. RedHat 6.2 & Panasonic CF-35 laptop pcmcia cards (network & modem)

4. make config problem when compiling kernel

5. Promiscuous Mode - Redhat 6.2 on Laptop & PCMCIA

6. Where is /dev/hdd ?

7. Newbie Question: Connection Problem on RedHat 6.2

8. Stats comp.os.linux.networking (last 7 days)

9. Newbie LiLo question (Redhat 6.2)

10. 486 laptop, PCMCIA maybe killing RH 6.2 install?

11. Problems with Redhat 6.2 Install (Newbie)

12. redhat 6.2 problems <newbie>

13. redhat 6.2 on 486 laptop, video help needed