Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

Post by mnip » Tue, 17 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I'd like to work with low-cost i810e motherboards for some linux terminals I
have to build. I do see mention of i810 support
from OSS (is i810e any different?), and intel has the accelerated X-server
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm, but
what about the AMR modem?

I was hoping that since this was such a common piece of hardware, someone
had found a way to make that 'winmodem' a 'linmodem'.

Thanks for any info.

1. Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

I'd like to work with low-cost i810e motherboards for some linux terminals I
have to build. I do see mention of i810 support from OSS (is i810e any
different?), and intel has the accelerated X-server
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm,
but what about the AMR modem?

I was hoping that since this was now such a common piece of hardware,
someone had found a way to make that particular 'winmodem' a 'linmodem'.

Its important for my project because I have to factor the cost and expansion
slot of a modem in or out, based on the availability of linux 810 drivers.

Thanks for any info.

2. Zone transfer problem

3. ac97 amr driver mirror?

4. A couple of issues

5. [RFCA] Sound: adding /proc/driver/{vendor}/{dev_pci}/ac97 entry for es1371 driver

6. Unresponsive NFS server, high load, 100% in kernel

7. via ac97 sound drivers for linux

8. Wireless PXE netboot w/ wavelan

9. AMR modem & CS4280 sound chib

10. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 drivers for sound

11. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 sound driver