Poneer 602 CDROM changer

Post by Keith Bir » Thu, 05 Oct 1995 04:00:00

        Is anyone else running a Pioneer DRM-602X 6 pack cdrom jukebox?
        I have one that runs fine when booted to dos with LILO but under
        Slackware 2.3 (kernel 1.2.8) Linux only sees the top (or first)
        cdrom. Is there a way to get Linux to mount all 6 cdroms?

        Oh, fwiw, I'm using a Adaptec aha1505 (non-bios) controller. No
        problem with it.

        Thanks for any help you can offer. I am knee deep in the HOWTO
        files but have yet to come across anything.

        tnx...ttyl...kmb
---
 * OLXWin 1.00a * All wiyht.  Rho sritched mg kegtops awound?

Poneer 602 CDROM changer

Post by Steven Irela » Sat, 07 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>        Is anyone else running a Pioneer DRM-602X 6 pack cdrom jukebox?
>        I have one that runs fine when booted to dos with LILO but under
>        Slackware 2.3 (kernel 1.2.8) Linux only sees the top (or first)
>        cdrom. Is there a way to get Linux to mount all 6 cdroms?

Under 1.2.8 I had to add the following to the boot parameters

max_scsi_luns=6

Since I use LoadLin, I don't know how to do this with LILO.

The problem is that by default, the kernel only checks for the first
logical unit (LUN) on each address of the scsi controller. The above
command tells it to check the first six.

This works with my 602. All six CD are mounted simultaneously.

Steve.
Steve Ireland

---
I have a spelling chequer, it came with my PC.
It planely marks for my revue, mistakes I cannot sea.
I've run this poem threw it, I'm sure your pleased to no,
I'ts letter perfect in its weigh, my chequer tolled me so!

Poneer 602 CDROM changer

Post by Marc A. Volov » Tue, 10 Oct 1995 04:00:00

>>        Is anyone else running a Pioneer DRM-602X 6 pack cdrom jukebox?
>>        I have one that runs fine when booted to dos with LILO but under
>>        Slackware 2.3 (kernel 1.2.8) Linux only sees the top (or first)
>>        cdrom. Is there a way to get Linux to mount all 6 cdroms?

Another option (which I use, having a DRM-600 - the single-speed
sibling of the DRM-602) is to compile the kernel with PROBE_LUNS
defined. This _MIGHT_ cause problems with other devices (known list in
blacklist in 1.2.xx kernels and in BLIST in 1.3.xx kernels). CF4030
40MB SCSI-1 disk from Conner is one.

---MAV

1. Pioneer CDROM 602 support?

I have a Pioneer 602 double speed 6 CDROM changer. I have installed 1.1.88.

The SCSI card is an adaptech 1542 and the kernel is built with SCSI, CDROM,
and ISO9660 support. Cat'ing /proc/filesystems and devices shows sr0 and
iso9660 to be there.

When the puppy boots, I get

Detected scsi CD-ROM sr0 at scsi0, id 6, lun 0

and similar messages for all 5 other lun's.

In my fstab I have: /dev/sr0 /cdrom iso9660 ro

At the point in the boot where this is encountered the disk in platter
1 is loaded (a clunck sound is heard). And the following is printed to the
console:

sr_photocd: unknown drive, no special multisession code
Device not ready. Make sure there is a disc in the drive
VFS. Disk change detected on device 11/0
CD-ROM I/O error: dev 0b00, sector 64
isofs_read_super: bread failed,dev 0xb00 iso_blknum 16

Later attempts at manually mounting a cdrom all end in the message:

mount: /dev/sr0 not a mount point.

The device in /dev is:

brw-rw-rw- 1 root root 11 , 0 Feb 3 11:15 sr0

/cdrom exists as a mount point

and the command to mount is mount /dev/sr0 /cdrom -t iso9660 -o ro

Any ideas? Is there support for this device in the kernel?

2. serial lead and a E250

3. Shuttling audio CD's on the Pioneer MRD 602?

4. IE5 on HP-UX having memory leak

5. NEWBIE: Install Binutils-2.602

6. (newbie) Anyone installed RH9 on Asus P4C800deluxe?

7. Solbourne 5/602 with Progress Software

8. multiple monitors displaying virtual terminals on one machine?

9. CDROM changer recommendation?

10. NEC CDR-4300 Multi-platter CDROM Changer

11. NEC IDE CDROM changer and IDESCSI?

12. IRQ timeout when switching slot on ide cdrom changer

13. help w/ cdrom changer, and lynx....