install redhat in Digital Alpha Workstation 500a

install redhat in Digital Alpha Workstation 500a

Post by root » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,
    I need to install linux in a Digital Alpha Workstation 500a but i
can't boot it with the MILO disk.  Looking forward to your help!

StarBoy

Post by Sura » Wed, 02 Jun 1999 04:00:00

> Hi all,
>     I need to install linux in a Digital Alpha Workstation 500a but i
> can't boot it with the MILO disk.  Looking forward to your help!

> StarBoy

comp.os.linux.alpha

1. I have a problem installing linux on Digital Personal Workstation 500a, please help me...

Hi, I'm Marco from Italy.....I'm new to this newsgroup

I have a Digital Personal Workstation 500a.......and I would like to install
linux....

I downloaded the Red Hat 7.1 for alpha....

I read about installing linux on Alpha with Alphabios.....

....so I made a floppy with the linload.exe and miata files(hope miata is
the right one) that I find in the milo\images directory on cd 1......

then I setup Alphabios to boot from floppy.....

but when the Digital loads milo everything stops at:

Swapping to PALcode at 0x80000...

no more nothing....I can only reboot the machine.

Please help me....why this?

It is possible that the problem is the videocard?

there is another way to boot up Linux? Maybe without the Alphabios?

Thank you for your time
--
Marco Coda

ICQ 12751306

2. One Usercode/Password for all Servers?

3. Installing Linux on Digital Personal Workstation 500a

4. anyone using jpython and QT

5. FS: Digital Personal Workstation 500a, $3000

6. WOW! CIH VIRUS blew my UNIX server to smithereens!!!

7. RAM on Digital Workstation 500a

8. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

9. FS: Digital Personal Workstation 500a - $3000

10. Digital Personal Workstation 500a/au

11. FS: Dec Alpha Personal Workstation 500a

12. RedHat 7.0 on Digital PWS 500a

13. Redhat 7.2 Alpha on Digital Alpha Server 1000 4/233