D-link G520 wireless network card

Post by John Smit » Mon, 26 Jul 2004 12:25:57

Has anyone had any success in getting this wireless network card working
under Linux?  Where can I get a driver?

Thanks

Phil

1. wireless card D-link 520 on SuSe 8.1

I am pulling my hair out over this.  I first tried the  520+ series but I
found out there was no opensource drivers yet and does not support the new
chipset.  So I have install D-Link DWL -520 wireless PCI Adapter.  I do see
the card uses the Prism chipset.  I think that is good? The computer
detected
the card wonderfully.  But....I am having trouble from there.

First I went modified /etc/sysconfig/eth0 and changed wireless='no' to
wireless='yes'  I then changed the wireless settings
    operating mode = ' manage'
    networkname (ESSID) = 'default' (this is what the router is set to by
    default for at the present.)

Next I did a rcnetwork reboot.  I get the following error:
    ifup-wireless: command 'iwconfig eth0 mode managed' returned
     ifupwireless: Error for wireless request "Set Mode" (8B06): Set failed
     device eth0 operation not supported.

I get several of these types of errors and, of course, the card does not
talk
to the router.  I looked through the knowledge base and the archived mail
list and did not see anything that leads me to a solution.  I am sure I am
overlooking something.

I am really feeling stupid about this and hate to ask, but can anyone please
lend a guiding hand.  Thanks very much.

bob

2. Installing slackware on AS255

3. Problem getting linksys WMP11 wireless pci card to talk to d-link router

4. Ftp and long filenames.....help!!!

5. D-Link DWL500 802.11b Wireless pcmcia card and Mandrake 8.2

6. Make Problems!

7. Problem using encryption with D-Link wireless ethernet card

8. Sed to match multiple patterns

9. Wireless D-Link PCI card trouble

10. D-Link DWL-650 wireless LAN PCMCIA card

11. Linux Driver for D-Link DI-614+ Wireless Card

12. RedHat 7.1 Network trouble (wireless: D-Link DWL-650, LinkSys BEFWS14)

13. D-link 650+ PCMCIA wireless card