S3-968 chipset, card called S500???

Post by Mikael Abrahamss » Tue, 05 Sep 1995 04:00:00

I've been offered a great deal on a S3-968-chipset graphics card with 4
megs of ram, and the card is called S500. Couldnt get any more info from
the salesperson, I asked what brand it was, etc, but he said that the
name of the card was S500, and that was it. It contains MPEG-support and
some other stuff, but I don't really care about that. I just want to know
if it's supported by Xfree 3.1.2, as I can't find this perticular card in
the S3-readme file. It does contain some other S3-968 cards, but I guess
they differ from each other.

Please, if anyone could help?! If you look at the specs, this is a really
good card.

(It also has that SUN-connector with RGB, apart from the normal 15pin
SVGA-connector, so I can use SUNmonitors too...)

Thanks in advance.
--
-----
Mikael Abrahamsson

Student vid Institutionen f|r Informatik vid Lunds Universitet, Sweden.

1. s3-968 chipset family video cards

I have narrowed my choice in a graphics card down to this chipset.  I have
three cards in mind; #9 771, hercules terminator pro, and the ever popular
diamond stealth (pro?).  Each card in the 4MB (vram I believe) and pci
flavor.  The question is which of these cards represents a better use of the
technology?  I would be greatful for any opinions users of these cards would
have regarding their use and satisfaction.  One of the key items I am
interested in is their use in linux and (gasp!) dos.

Thank you for your time and response.
--

2. WMaker: icon for logout?

3. S3-968 chipset and xfree86

4. Packard Bell and Linux

5. S3-968 chipset question

6. gimp/gtk, X11, O_NONBLOCK/EAGAIN

7. Need Modeline for Sony 1604 monitor and S3-968 card

8. Using SED?

9. Number 9FX/Motion 771/ S3-968 Card Problems with X

10. S3-868 (PCI - 1MBD) vs S3-968 (VLB - 2MBV) Fastest??

11. S3-968 or S3-868?

12. Help, unrecognised S3 968 chipset on Diamond Stealth 64

13. Orchid ProVideo64 (S3-968) all black, except cursor(?)