Initio UltraWide SCSI adapters?

Post by Kyle Gonzale » Wed, 03 Feb 1999 04:00:00

Do anyone have any experience with these boards?  Are they good or bad?
They claim to support Linux.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
Thanks!

Kyle Gonzales

Post by Tim Holme » Sun, 07 Feb 1999 04:00:00

: Do anyone have any experience with these boards?  Are they good or bad?
: They claim to support Linux.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
: Thanks!

: Kyle Gonzales

Well, I got one thinking it was supported.  There are references to patches
for RH 5.0, and a driver for RH 5.1, but with my RH 5.2, there don't seem
to be any references anywhere!

The kernel available from Initio is a little too generic to work on my system.
They say they're "negotiating" to get support in the kernels.  What does that
mean?

And there don't seem to be any loadable modules for it, not with RH 5.2.

Does anybody know how to get one of these things working with RH 5.2?

Thanks,

Tim Holmes

Post by R.H. » Mon, 08 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> Do anyone have any experience with these boards?  Are they good or bad?
> They claim to support Linux.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
> Thanks!

> Kyle Gonzales

I have a SIIG PCI Fast SCSi BusMaster and I really like it, but I can only
use in DOS or Win98 as neither SIIG or initio will help me in getting my
kernal configured properly and I've gotten limited responses to my posts
in various newsgroups.  If I was you I would find out just which adapters
your kernal supports and buy one of those so that you don't have to go
through the same hassle.

    Roger

Initio UltraWide SCSI adapters?

Post by Keith Oldh » Wed, 10 Feb 1999 04:00:00

I've just put together a new system including an Iwill ultraSCSI card
and the Initio patches that came with  Suse 5.3 work fine ( hdparm
reports ~8 MBytes/sec with Quantum 6.4G )

Keith Oldham

Post by bverm.. » Thu, 11 Feb 1999 04:00:00

>: Do anyone have any experience with these boards?  Are they good or bad?
>: They claim to support Linux.  Any feedback would be appreciated.
>: Thanks!

>: Kyle Gonzales

>Well, I got one thinking it was supported.  There are references to patches
>for RH 5.0, and a driver for RH 5.1, but with my RH 5.2, there don't seem
>to be any references anywhere!

>The kernel available from Initio is a little too generic to work on my system.
>They say they're "negotiating" to get support in the kernels.  What does that
>mean?

This means that I am helping them in getting the drivers fixed for 2.2.x
(they already are), and getting them into 2.0.x also. Looks like they will
make it into 2.0.37. 2.2.1 has support for the Initio INI-91XXU(W), and
the driver for the INI-A100 U2W controller is in 2.2.1-ac as well. I am also
trying to get that driver into 2.0.37, and I think the next pre-patch will
include that as well.

Quote:>And there don't seem to be any loadable modules for it, not with RH 5.2.

RH 5.2 doesn't support it out of the box, but it should be possible to
create boot disks for that. I'll try and look into that.

Quote:>Does anybody know how to get one of these things working with RH 5.2?

If you can install on a different controller, there will be no problem.
If you can't, I'll see what I can do in creating boot disks for RH 5.2.
Let me know, and I'll see what I can do. :)

Bas Vermeulen

--
When I shop for hardware I always look for the "Designed for Windows 95" logo.
I really thank Microsoft(TM) for encouraging manufacturers to label their

I stick to quality software:

Linux 2.2.1                         | IBM OS/2 Warp (TM) v4.0

1. SCSI ultrawide adapter for Linux

Hi,

I'm looking for an inexpensive (around $100 - $150 ) ultrawide SCSI
adapter know to work with Linux 2.0.34.  This will be my first SCSI
adapter so any recommendations will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Scott Gray

2. Apache webserver question

3. UltraWide SCSI Host Adapter & 100Mb ethernet on 2.5.1

4. Help: Question on Netscape Fasttrack Server 3.01

5. Linux SCSI ultrawide adapter

6. Solaris 2 Porting FAQ

7. Need Advice on UltraWide SCSI Host Adapters

8. Lilo and Segmentation fault

9. SIIG UltraWide SCSI adapter

10. Initio SCSI adapter

11. Initio SCSI adapters?