Serial ports not playing nicely

Post by Heidipu » Sat, 11 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Hoping you smart guys can figure this one out for me:

I'm running RedHat 5/2.0.32, trying to talk to an external Hayes Optima 33.6
with no response.  A quick lookie at dmesg shows that Serial driver 4.13 is
references that I need to make sure that "serial-line support is enabled in the
kernel"...  I've recompiled the kernel (not absolutely sure I made the right
choices, but chose everything that seemed to relate to serial ports) and still
have the same problem.

Ideas?

Thanks,
Chris

1. Ports Perl 5.6 and 5.8 don't play nicely together

I tried installing Perl 5.8 from the ports tree but other ports that
depend on Perl tries to install 5.6 instead.

And Perl 5.8 and 5.6 don't play nicely with each other: one port clobbers
each other (i.e. installing Perl 5.6 over Perl 5.8 will overwrite the perl
binary, manual pages, etc.).  Looking at the pkg_info will show both Perl
5.6 and 5.8 to be installed.

Is there a way to have the packages use Perl 5.8 instead of 5.6?  I
suppose I can install Perl 5.6 and install Perl 5.8 to clobber all the
files and still have Perl 5.6 listed as installed but I'd prefer something
a little more elegant if possible.

2. Sample DIP scripts

3. Redhat 7.3, aRTs does not play nicely with other apps

4. XFree86 vs. 2.5.54 - reboot

5. Solaris x86 and Alpha Linux: Not Playing nicely

6. Toshiba 465CDX and the microphone

7. Do Linux and VIA Apollo 133A Play Nicely together?

8. Program for true password security???

9. RH7.2, cdrecord and cron - don't seem to play nicely together

10. serial port - 'plug-n-play' modem

11. serial port on v490 and Serial port on StorEdge 3510

12. Serial port to serial port copying software

13. Send traffic from one serial port out to another serial port