Problem with Ambient/Cirrus 5628 fax

Post by Guus Zijlstr » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

I have a Ambient/Cirrus 5628 fax/voice/modem, but
cannot get it to operate on a 2.2.14 debian installation

Efax cannot find the device. I have tried /dev/ttyS1,
/dev/ttyS2 and /dev/ttyS3. The last two give a tcgettadr
error. The first one produces the following output:

root ~ # efax -d /dev/ttyS1
efax: Thu May 25 16:09:37 2000 efax v 0.8a (Debian release 08a-6)
Copyright 1996 Ed Casas
efax: 09:37 opened /dev/ttyS1
efax: 09:43 sync: dropping DTR
efax: 09:48 sync: sending escapes
efax: 09:53 Error: sync: modem not responding
efax: 09:53 done, returning 4

What can I do to fix this? Where to look?

My kernel is custom built with telephony support.
Does the modem require modules? I cannot find any
in /proc/modules that have to do with.

Is it a PNP problem? It is enabled in the kernel.
pnpdump finds no boards. A bios setting?

'% fax test' gives a seg. fault on line 1129.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Guus Zijlstra.

1. HELP Video Modes using Cirrus Logic 5628

Could someone help ????

I've just upgraded my system from a Diamond Viper to a Cirrus Logic 5628
Card. Does anyone know if you can get better text modes than 80*25 or 80*40
using this Card . According to the manual a text mode of 132 columns per line
is possible but I cannot seem to get it to work.

At the moment at boot up time these are the only two options given, I`ve
tried recompiling the kernel to see if this works, but no change.

 With Thanks

2. Your Average User and the Linux OS

3. Modem with ambient chipset problem (IntelHAM)

4. Soundblaster 16 PNP

5. Cirrus CLM Data Fax Voice Modem + Linux

6. execl execv execle execve execlp execvp....

7. Cirrus CLM Data Fax Modem... HELP!!!!!

8. Redirect boot.msg

9. Cirrus Logic CLM Fax Modem

10. Boca fax modem problem with fax. help!

11. Cirrus CLM Data Fax Modem - HELP!!!

12. Modem driver for Ambient MD5628-D-L-A

13. Support for Intel Ambient HaM modem?