Adaptec 1540 SCSI problem

Post by Julian Borda » Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:35:57

Hello
        I have an old (1994) 2Gb SCSI with an adaptec 1540 controller card.
When I installed Mandrake 7.2 it was unable to load the scsi module.
How do I get the scsi working?  I have another scsicard that runs a
scanner could this be part of the problem?
The PC is an AMD 400 with 128Mb ram and an 8Gb WD HD

--
Julian Bordas

"Windows is yucky. It keeps breaking"
Edward Bordas Age 5

Adaptec 1540 SCSI problem

Post by Paul Pygeo » Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:00:00

> Hello
> I have an old (1994) 2Gb SCSI with an adaptec 1540 controller card.
> When I installed Mandrake 7.2 it was unable to load the scsi module.
> How do I get the scsi working?  I have another scsicard that runs a
> scanner could this be part of the problem?
> The PC is an AMD 400 with 128Mb ram and an 8Gb WD HD

try depmod -a

Adaptec 1540 SCSI problem

Post by Brian E. Parke » Tue, 14 Nov 2000 04:00:00

This may seem obvious, but I thought I remembered the 1540 cards having a
jumper for their IRQ, so you may have it on an IRQ that is already taken.

-BEP