Signal 11 - Help!!

Post by Peter » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

Hi!

        I have just upgraded my hardware to a Cyrix 686 with Diamond Stealdth
3D 2000 and 32 MB of EDO (no parity) ram, and now I am frequently getting
'signal 11' when I run gcc. The problem is intermittent - that is, sometimes
it gives me the error, sometimes it doesn't (for the same piece of code!)
I've been using a 486DX66 with 16Mb before this and never had such a problem.

Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ? Could it just be that a Cyrix
is *or there is something not right with my ram. I am using kernel
1.2.13 and gcc v2.7.0. If it helps, I sometimes get a error messages like
'illegal instruction' and 'general protection faults' on W95.

Thanks in advance

Peter

Signal 11 - Help!!

Quote:

Read the sig11 FAQ at http://www.bitwizrad.nl/sig11

--
James Youngman       VG Gas Analysis Systems |The trouble with the rat-race
 Before sending advertising material, read   |is, even if you win, you're

Signal 11 - Help!!

Post by Tim Webst » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

>Hi!

>    I have just upgraded my hardware to a Cyrix 686 with Diamond Stealdth
>3D 2000 and 32 MB of EDO (no parity) ram, and now I am frequently getting
>'signal 11' when I run gcc. The problem is intermittent - that is, sometimes
>it gives me the error, sometimes it doesn't (for the same piece of code!)
>I've been using a 486DX66 with 16Mb before this and never had such a problem.

>Can anyone suggest what the problem might be ? Could it just be that a Cyrix
>is *or there is something not right with my ram. I am using kernel
>1.2.13 and gcc v2.7.0. If it helps, I sometimes get a error messages like
>'illegal instruction' and 'general protection faults' on W95.

>Thanks in advance

>Peter

It could be your RAM, but it could also be that you Cyrix is drawing
more current than  your motherboard can supply. Check the motherboard
compatibility list at
http://www.veryComputer.com/

If you don't find your mother board there you this is a likely cause.

-Tim.

Signal 11 - Help!!

Post by Sid Van den Heed » Mon, 09 Dec 1996 04:00:00

> Read the sig11 FAQ at http://www.bitwizrad.nl/sig11

Thanks for the pointer.  However, the correct address is
http://www.bitwizard.nl/sig11

1. X Windows, signal 11 help

I just installed X windows with Xview on my Linux machine, and
after much frustration of getting the video installed, I get:

signal 11, server aborting if I type X

or

caught signal 11
xinit: no such file or directory (errno 2): unexpected code 3,
if I type openwin

Does anyone know how to fix this problem or what's wrong?

Jon Woodring

2. 8.4 gig barrier solved! I think. 2 problems though.

3. pppd dies with a Fatal Signal 11 - Help

4. Looking for Disksuite Y2K patch

5. SIGNAL 11 HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!

6. ansi standard c function definitions

7. signal 11, signal 8 Error?

8. 'console' unknown terminal type.

9. signal 4 & signal 11

10. GCC and the 'signal 11' problem, HELP!

11. HELP: Raplayer gets Signal 11 - can't get a core dump!

12. HELP! gcc dying with signal 11

13. died on signal 11 ?? Help!