Digiboard PC/Xe installation problem

Post by Kevin Cassi » Fri, 16 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Has anyone managed to download/compile/install the drivers for
the Digiboard PC/Xe board ? I'm running into a compilation error
(under Linux V1.2.3) in one of the driver files (pcxe.c) which
is directly related to the configuration include file (pcxxconfig.h).

The error message is 'missing brackets for boards[0]'. In the config
file, NUMCARDS is defined as 1 which causes me great confusion as
shouldn't the error message say 'missing brackets for boards[1]' ?
If you've looked at pcxxconfig.h, you'll understand what I mean. Anyway
Linux causes a Kernel panic if I try and run the kernel compiled with
this error.

Questions ... answers ?

Kevin Cassidy
Unix/Internet Administrator
Elgin & St. Thoma CCIA

Post by James Fide » Tue, 20 Jun 1995 04:00:00

>Has anyone managed to download/compile/install the drivers for
>the Digiboard PC/Xe board ? I'm running into a compilation error
>(under Linux V1.2.3) in one of the driver files (pcxe.c) which
>is directly related to the configuration include file (pcxxconfig.h).

>The error message is 'missing brackets for boards[0]'. In the config
>file, NUMCARDS is defined as 1 which causes me great confusion as
>shouldn't the error message say 'missing brackets for boards[1]' ?
>If you've looked at pcxxconfig.h, you'll understand what I mean. Anyway
>Linux causes a Kernel panic if I try and run the kernel compiled with
>this error.

I would have replied directly, but your news posting program is
incorrectly configured and isn't setting up a proper "From:" line
in your postings.

However, the problem is easy to resolve -- my pcxxconfig.h file now
reads :

    #define NUMCARDS 1

    struct board_info boards[NUMCARDS]={
        { ENABLED, 0, OFF, 4, 0x110, 0xd2000 }
    };

    /* DO NOT HAND EDIT THIS FILE! */

I believe that the configuration program misses out the inside set
of braces.  Putting these in shuts the compiler up.

The correct thing to do would be to edit the digisetup program around
line 143 to output the required code, but I can't be bothered at the
moment.

James.
--

                                     | http://www.OiT.co.uk/~james/
        - Lazarus Long               |              James Fidell

1. DigiBoard PC/Xe, PC/Xi Driver!

Fellow Linuxers,

Regarding the Linux DigiBoard Intelligent Serial Board Driver for the
PC/Xe and PC/Xi line of products (no, this does not include the PC/Xem.
That's a different product line), I have revamped the driver so that
it acts just like the normal serial driver.  I originally wrote the
driver so that the ttyD* devices were modem control devices and the
ttyd* devices were the non-modem control devices.  However, due to
confusion by users and a few other problems posed by inconsistencies
between my driver and the regular serial driver, I decided to change
it.  This should basically make it much easier to use.  Now, the
ttyd1 device will act like ttyS0, and ttyD1 will act like cua0,
except that ttyd1 and ttyD1 will be accessing an intelligent device
with fairly large receive and transmit buffers.  :-)

I have bumped the version number up to 1.4 on the driver (pcxe.c is
the only file that has changed for now, although the README-type stuff
will have to change later).  If any of you already have the DigiBoard
driver and want to slap the pcxe.c file over top of your current one
to test the newest version, let me know, and I'll email it to you.  I'll
be working on testing it this week--with anyone who would like to test
it--and will be fixing any reported bugs.  I have already tested
dialin and dialout, and everything seems to work fine, but I would
be grateful for any volunteers willing to test PPP or SLIP.  :-)
Thanks.

     -Troy

--

2. Terminal login in RH7.2 help!

3. Preventing outside users from downloading DNS zone info

4. DigiBoard PC/Xe and PC/Xi Driver!

5. ftp failing

6. Digiboard PC/Xe problems

7. 100MBit upload speed problem

8. Digiboard PC/Xe ??

9. DigiBoard PC/Xe Woes on Linux 2.0.21

10. Digiboard PC/Xe and rehat 5.0

11. DigiBoard PC/Xe Drivers V1.4 Pls

12. Telebit T2500 and Digiboard PC/Xe on ODT 2.0