Tekram PCI SCSI card support

Post by John Ratcliff » Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone installed a machine using the Tekram PCI SCSI card with SCSI
disks? I have the Slackware 3.0 distribution CD and have read through all
the read me's, how to's, and any other data I can find, include watching
this group for the last week. I am also trying to get hold of the Usenet
archive, to see if there has been any previous reference, but I would
appreciate any help on this I can get now.

I tried all possible SCSI boot images of the CD, but none work.

I read about being able to give boot parameters to the kernel specifying
details like the SCSI driver signature (found at c8000). Or perhaps it is
worth pursuing the fact that it uses the AMD chip (NT recognises this chip
and installs an AMD driver which works fine)? If I try installing it as an
AMD SCSI device maybe I will get somewhere, but I have not found device
provided for on the CD?

Are either of the paths above worth pursuing, if so what is the best way
forward? or have I missed the point completely, and is there something else
which can help?

TIA
John

Post by Volker Konietz » Fri, 28 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> Has anyone installed a machine using the Tekram PCI SCSI card with SCSI
> disks? I have the Slackware 3.0 distribution CD and have read through all

I don't know which bootdisk images are supplied with slackware (neither do I
know what SCSI card you are talking about :), but for the DC-390 series, the
bootdisk image at ftp://ftp.tekram.com/scsi/linux/slackware/ should work just
fine. You will find a bootdisk image as well as (frequently updated) kernel
patches and detailed instructions. BTW: Thanks, Tekram! :)

Regards, Voss
--
pgp 2.6.3 key available   -   request via mail   -    subject: send pgpkey

   Volker Konietzko     http://www.toppoint.de/~voss     +49-431-684603

Tekram PCI SCSI card support

Post by thk4.. » Mon, 03 Mar 1997 04:00:00

I am using the DC 390 and it worked fine. Unfortunately I am not at home so I cant tell you exactly which driver I am using but it was a AMD ....... If you have a look at the chip on your adapter it should be possible to determine the type of SCSI chip. But as far as I know not all Tekram controller are using AMD chips. Thats why the DC 390 T or the DC 390 U might be different.
I have installed Slackware 3.0. with kernel 2.0.

Thomas

Post by Kurt Garlo » Tue, 18 Mar 1997 04:00:00

>Has anyone installed a machine using the Tekram PCI SCSI card with SCSI
>disks? I have the Slackware 3.0 distribution CD and have read through all
>the read me's, how to's, and any other data I can find, include watching
>this group for the last week. I am also trying to get hold of the Usenet
>archive, to see if there has been any previous reference, but I would
>appreciate any help on this I can get now.

>I tried all possible SCSI boot images of the CD, but none work.

You can find Tekram PCI SCSI drivers on ftp.funet.fi/pub/Linux/kernel/dc390
or on the Tekram server ftp.tekram.com/SCSI/LINUX
Use the AM53C974 driver for installation with DC390, the ncr53c8xx driver
for installation with DC390U/W/F or dowload the bootdisk from the Terkam
server or from student.physik.uni-dortmund.de/pub/Linux/boot

--
Kurt Garloff, Dortmund

1. Support for Tekram DC-390F PCI SCSI controller?

Hi!

I have a Tekram DC-390F PCI SCSI controller card in a new P166.
The latest linux bootdisks can't identify it. Does anyone know
if there is linux support for it yet?

"/proc/pci" reports the following:

PCI Devices found :
Bus  0 Device   0 Function  0.
    Host bridge : Intel 82437FX Triton (rev 2).
Bus  0 Device   7 Function  0.
    ISA bridge : Intel 82371FB (rev 2).
Bus  0 Device  13 Function  0.
    VGA display controller : Cirrus Logic GD 5430 (rev 34).
                             8259's interrupt 9.

If anyone could help me out here, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Philip Saunders       Phone: +61 2 2415888 Facsimile: +61 2 2415898

AUSNet Services       WWW Page:  http://www.world.net/~cyric/
"Notices from the SysAdmin with the words 'catastrophic', 'failure'
      and 'lost', all in one sentence, are not good things."

2. going nuts with ppp setup!!!

3. Tekram's SCSI Card Linux Support

4. How to restore RAID5 metadevice to a different system

5. Tekram's SCSI Card Linux Supported

6. Non-root access to ncp/smb mounts

7. Solaris2.3 System Administrator AnswerBook

8. SCSI Card for Ultra 10 TEKRAM U160 2 CHANNEL SCSI

9. PCI ethernet card shares irq with PCI scsi card