Incompatible Modem

Post by Sidney Che » Tue, 22 Jul 1997 04:00:00

        Could anyone please help me with my modem situation. I have a boca 28800.
Linux does not seem to want to talk to it. It is currently sitting on
/dev/ttyS1 with default address and irq 7. Any help would be greatly
appreciated. Thanks

1. Cable modem..56 modem dial up, 500K cable modem download stream...

I have 2 network cards and 1 modem in a Linux Box with RH6.
My cable modem uses the modem to start a PPP session, and the network card
is then hooked up to the VPN of the ISP.

I would like to setup a IP Masquraded Firewall to hook some of my other
boxes
behind the firewall.

I  cannot find a HOW-TO to setup the Linux box using this type of Cable
Modem.  I
have only found 2 way cable modems.  Can someone point me it the right
direction.

My problem is that I don't know how to get Linux connected, then also, how
do I configure
ipchains or ipfwadm to use the correct rule set.  Do I do the modem or the
network card.  The
network card has a static IP of 10.0.0.1 which is usally used for VPNs.  My
cable company
is of corse not supporting Linux, so I have to do it myself.  The PPP dialup
uses DHCP to
assign my address so I have dhcp setup.

Thanks in advance..

Aaron

2. Stream resources...

3. Modems, modems, modems

4. Anonymous FTP War Stories

5. Modem, modem, modem, ... setup

6. export do_sync_{read,write}

7. modems modems modems

8. How to format Linux floppies?

9. Modem, modem, modem

10. Where to find Kermit, X-Modem, Y-Modem, & Z-Modem Source

11. Incompatible Video?

12. Secondary ethernet: "media is unconnected, link down or incompatible connection."

13. Module incompatible after upgrading Kernel from 2.0.0 -> 2.0.25