I can ping my gateway but I can't ping anything else. i cannot visit
web sites or ftp either of course. Any suggestions? Thanks.
BTW Thanks for all your help so far... it's been great...
> >I can ping my gateway but I can't ping anything else. i cannot visit
> >web sites or ftp either of course. Any suggestions? Thanks.
> The warrenty and liability expired as you read the message.
> If the above breaks your system, it's yours and you keep both pieces.
> Do a, man every_command_here, before doing anything else.
> Backup every file before you change it.
Okay... I got this thing to work (by luck) a while back. I have no idea
how... I recently reinstalled RH 6.1 and have a fresh slate. I have
read and re-read the DHCP howto, the cable modem howto, and probably
even the howto on how to make coffee in linux and still can't get the
damn thing to work... so if somebody could pretend (hell don't even
pretend) that I am the stupidest person in the world and tell me
exactally what they did to get their cable modem to work under linux
that would be great... everything is in fact assigned to me via DHCP...
in windows all I do is enter in the computer name they give me and it
works... I have also read the stuff at http://220.127.116.11/Linux/ and
that failed to work for me too... thanks a bunch... you get a HUGE pat
on the back if you make it work for me... :)
2. ipportfw and Exchange 5.0 Internet Mail Connector (SMTP)
3. TCI/AAT&T @home Cable Modem (almost there)
4. Please help with simple Bash shell function
5. @Home with TCI cable modem?
7. Linux to TCI@home via cable modem
9. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1
10. @Home Cable Modem and RedHat 6.0 -- no packets get past the cable modem at all!
11. TCI cable modems and Linux