AMD DX4-100 will not reboot

Post by Your Nam » Wed, 04 Dec 1996 04:00:00

HEY!

        I have a web server running Linux.  I recently upgraded it
to 16 megs of memory and an AMD DX4-100 CPU.  The system definitely
runs faster, and everything else is ok, but when I try to reboot
with either shutdown, reboot, or CNTL-ALT-DEL, it shuts down
all the way, but then won't reboot.  It usually gives me what
I am assuming is a stack/register dump, then locks.  I don't normally
have direct access to the system (it is far away) and I MUST be
able to re-boot it without outside intervention.

        I am currently running on the 1.2.13 kernel, but I DID try
making boot and root disks for 2.0, booting from them, and then
rebooting, and the system still locks up.

Anybody have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks for the help!

Scott Mauer
The Bitmastesr

AMD DX4-100 will not reboot

Post by Bill Bartle » Sat, 07 Dec 1996 04:00:00

I don't know if this helps but...

I also have an AMD DX4-100, and if I boot using lilo, I
can reboot. But if I boot using loadlin, even if it's
from a DOS config.sys startup menu, when I try to
reboot the screen goes blank--and that's all. No reboot.

In both cases I can halt the system, though.

Bill

[...]

1. AMD DX4-100 will not reboot.

HEY!

        I have a web server running Linux.  I recently upgraded it
to 16 megs of memory and an AMD DX4-100 CPU.  The system definitely
runs faster, and everything else is ok, but when I try to reboot
with either shutdown, reboot, or CNTL-ALT-DEL, it shuts down
all the way, but then won't reboot.  It usually gives me what
I am assuming is a stack/register dump, then locks.  I don't normally
have direct access to the system (it is far away) and I MUST be
able to re-boot it without outside intervention.

        I am currently running on the 1.2.13 kernel, but I DID try
making boot and root disks for 2.0, booting from them, and then
rebooting, and the system still locks up.

Anybody have any ideas why this might be happening?

Thanks for the help!

Scott Mauer
The Bitmaster

2. Setting up LOCAL newsgroups

3. ASUS SP3G and AMD DX4-100 ???

4. Do linux partions need to be primary ?

5. AMD DX4/120 vs. INTEL DX4/100

6. TCNS card - are there any drivers?

7. Linux hates AMD DX4-100 & ASUS PVI-486 SP3?

8. Kobishi Ethernet Cards under linux?

9. AMD DX4-100 , HOT-433 PCI/ISA main board, can't boot

10. How many bogomips w/AMD DX4-100

11. cpuinfo for AMD DX4-100

12. AMD DX4/100

13. Intel dx2/66 or AMD dx4/100?