Mouse Systems optical mouse with Metro-X?

Mouse Systems optical mouse with Metro-X?

Post by Bob Horva » Wed, 12 Mar 1997 04:00:00

Has anyone gotten the Mouse Systems optical mouse to work with the
version of Metro-X that is supplied with RedHat 4.0?  I cannot seem to
get it to work.  I have read through "The 3 Button Serial Mouse
mini-HOWTO" but still have not had any success.

The one area I am wondering if I am tripping on is if it should work
in 3 button mode with the PS/2 adaptor.  The Mouse Systems web page
for Windows 95 problems seems to hint at problems with doing this.

BTW: I can't get it to work on Window 95 either.  Plug and Pray
totally hosed my system up for a day.  Now at least I have it working
as a regular 2 button mouse on Windows 95, but I didn't buy it for
that!