RAID Monitoring Software for Mega RAID U320

RAID Monitoring Software for Mega RAID U320

Post by Steve Turnbul » Sat, 06 Nov 2004 21:06:11

Hi

Is there any good RAID control monitoring software available?

We have Debian (Woody) running with a U320 RAID Controler. The output of
dmesg for this device is;
LSI Logic MegaRAID 1L26 254 commands 16 targs 4 chans 7 luns
   Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD0 RAID5 00065R  Rev: 1L26

We have installed the Raidmon package that came with the driver disk,
and it emails the root user of a box if there is a problem with the
disks. What we would idealy like is to be emailed externaly, only we
would need to use Sendmail as apose to Exim.

Can anyone help?

Regards
Steve

Post by Joe Beanfis » Sun, 07 Nov 2004 02:56:28

> Hi

> Is there any good RAID control monitoring software available?

> We have Debian (Woody) running with a U320 RAID Controler. The output of
> dmesg for this device is;
> LSI Logic MegaRAID 1L26 254 commands 16 targs 4 chans 7 luns
>    Vendor: MegaRAID  Model: LD0 RAID5 00065R  Rev: 1L26

> We have installed the Raidmon package that came with the driver disk,
> and it emails the root user of a box if there is a problem with the
> disks. What we would idealy like is to be emailed externaly, only we
> would need to use Sendmail as apose to Exim.

If Raidmon has a config file you may be able to tell the address to
mail to. Or you could setup an alias for root to send to the desired
person.

1. RAID RAID RAID

I've scoured the search engines

I've looked at vinum and ccd

I need RAID-1 Hardware with instructions how to mirror!

Where is this information?

Mylex, AMI all have cards.  Which card to buy?  How are they
supported?  How do I set them up?  Where is the RAID documentation?

Where's the secret cache of all this info?

Patrick

2. SOS Long Island Linux users??

3. Raid performace issues (Raid 5 vs. Raid 0+1) with database files

4. Remote administration

5. How to move from software-RAID to hardware-RAID?

6. Quicken Like checkbook program for X and Linux

7. IDE RAID Cards vs Software RAID????

8. Newbies...Linux Installation Problems. Please help.

9. Software-RAID (RAID-1) with Mandrake 6.0

10. Linux software RAID mirroring eq. HPT370 RAID mirroring ?

11. IDE RAID card or software RAID ?

12. raid superblock error using raidstart (level 0 software raid)

13. Abit KT7-RAID & Linux Software RAID