PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???

PS/2 mouse with AWE 32 PnP card freezes my keyboard & mouse ???

Post by Les Hazelto » Sat, 19 Feb 2000 04:00:00

I don't know if this is best asked here or in the setup group, but I
have to pick one, so..

I am curently running Mandrake v6.1 on an IBM PC350-P100 with a Netgear
NIC, SB AWE32 PnP ISA sound card and a Kensington Orbit trackball
connected to the PS/2 mouse port. This all works just fine, as long as I
don't startx or touch the mouse prior to running isapnp. If I do, the
keyboard/mouse freeze and unless I can telnet to the system to enter a
re-boot command the only other option is to power off the system.

Until this release 7.0 of Mandrake I could always deal with it by
copying an archived copy of isapnp.conf into /etc and rebooting after
installing a new release. Once that was done, it was no longer a
problem.  Now, I need to solve the original problem or learn how to pass
isapnp parameters at boot time. The new Mandrake graphic install starts
X and freezes my system before I can do anything.

Any and all related suggestions would be welcome.  I have long since
exhausted ideas on how to resolve the problem.

Thanks in advance,  Les

1. Rh 5.2 and SB AWE 32 PnP freezing

Hi, I have a problem,
I installed RH 5.2 on my system (for the 100th time now) and I've been
trying to get my SB AWE 32 PnP to work... I used sndconfig, and it seemed to
detect it right. It played the sample and closed with no error message. Then
I go start X and I'm perfectly able to play Audio Cd's... When I boot
though, there's two error messages:
            - First it's the sfxload that can't be found (although it's
there, I checked it)
            - Second, the awe_wave.o isn't able to be loaded it says that
the resource
              or device is busy...

That wouldn't bother me, unless I had following problem: Whenever I try to
play an mp3 file, the computer freezes. It didn't do that under Rh 5.1.
Please help me. I also tried to connect to the
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/sound/. directory, but that seems to have been
removed. Please help me.

thanx

Al

2. external mouse for linux laptop

3. Soundblaster AWE 32 PnP & OS 5.0.2

4. apache13 from ports core dumps

5. CDROM in SB AWE 32 PnP card

6. Upgrading Linux????

7. AWE 32 PnP & RedHat 5.2 lockes up

8. Printer: Cannot creat lock file

9. Redhat & AWE 32 PnP

10. RH 6.0 & Soundblaster AWE 32 PnP

11. PROBLEM: PS/2 mouse movements cause lock up of all mouse and keyboard input

12. keyboard and PS/2 mouse freezes ...