Built in Adaptec PCI Ultra Scsi (AIC 7860 chip) cause error on installing linux

Built in Adaptec PCI Ultra Scsi (AIC 7860 chip) cause error on installing linux

Post by Richard » Mon, 11 Nov 1996 04:00:00

I want to install linux now. But I found a fatal problem that
my mother board built-in scsi controller (AIC 7860) was
found to be incompatible during installing.

How can I solve it ?

Is there any driver available for these controller chips?

Please give me a hand.

Any volunteer can email to me in lowaichu.asiaonline.net.

Thank you for your attention.

1. Adaptec AIC-7860 (was Re: Scsi Adaptec 2940U2W + linux (slackware 3.5))

Does anyone know if this is correct, because I've just bought a Dell
PowerEdge with Adaptec AIC-7890s and AIC-7860 (CD-ROM card) with a view to
installing Linux (and unfortunately NT!) and Oracle - I'll be a bit gutted
if Linux can't install on it.

Both RedHat 5.2 and Slackware 3.6 completely hang the machine when trying to
detect it; I can't even turn the machine off using the power button!

I've checked on the Adaptec web site and they don't have any info on Linux -
only SCO I think.

Stu

2. Attention C/C++ Programmers

3. Adaptec AIC-7860 with Slackware Linux

4. Got no mouse! Grrrrr.. HELP!

5. Adaptec AIC-7860/90/91/95 docs needed

6. Adaptec: interrupt received, but no mail

7. Adaptec AIC-7860

8. Req. Best Linux Distribution to Surf on a 486 16meg

9. aic 7890 and aic 7860

10. AIC 7890 & 7860 On-board SCSI Controllers

11. Does Linux support ADAPTEC ACI 7860 & 7880 SCSI controllers ?