Promise DC-4030Vl IDE Caching Controller

Post by Richard Lamon » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

>Has anybody has any problem with this controller.  In gerneral, it's a
>good idea to use a caching controller under LINUX.  I don't see a
>specific support for this card.  Any info is greatly appreciately.

I've used one of these under Linux for a while, and it has caused no
problems at all.

--
Richard.

Post by Tony Wo » Thu, 13 Jul 1995 04:00:00

Has anybody has any problem with this controller.  In gerneral, it's a
good idea to use a caching controller under LINUX.  I don't see a
specific support for this card.  Any info is greatly appreciately.

1. Promise DC-4030VL/2 cache controller + AWE32 soundcard

Only the first two drives will be found by Linux,
due to the very non-standard hardware on that card,
coupled with the complete lack of interest from Promise
in having it work under Linux.

But.. folks are reverse-engineering it, and support may come
someday Real Soon Now, in the 1.3.xx kernel stream.

For the cdrom on this card, you will require the 1.3.xx kernel stream.
See the README.ide file that is included with the kernel source for 1.3.xx.
--

For Linux IDE (big/many) help, see:  /usr/src/linux/drivers/block/README.ide
For latest Linux kernels: ftp.cs.helsinki.fi:/pub/Software/Linux/Kernel/v1.[23]

2. sudo Example Implementations

3. Promise DC-4030VL controller cacheing?

4. A different kind of keyboard problem

5. Promise DC-4030VL/Spea V7 Mirage Problems

6. Start X at bootup?

7. Does Linux work with Promise 4030VL IDE controllers?

8. DHCP

9. Drivers for Promise DC-420 Local-bus IDE controller ?

10. IDE Cache Controller TEKRAM DC-680T (VL-Bus)

11. Promise 4030vl-2 Cache card.

12. Promise 4030VL Controller

13. Promise DC4030 VLB caching IDE controller