Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

Post by mnip » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 00:01:40

I'd like to work with low-cost i810e motherboards for some linux terminals I
have to build. I do see mention of i810 support from OSS (is i810e any
different?), and intel has the accelerated X-server
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm,
but what about the AMR modem?

I was hoping that since this was now such a common piece of hardware,
someone had found a way to make that particular 'winmodem' a 'linmodem'.

Its important for my project because I have to factor the cost and expansion
slot of a modem in or out, based on the availability of linux 810 drivers.

Thanks for any info.

Post by Edward Le » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 02:01:41

> I'd like to work with low-cost i810e motherboards for some linux terminals I
> have to build. I do see mention of i810 support from OSS (is i810e any
> different?), and intel has the accelerated X-server
> http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm,
> but what about the AMR modem?

Most of them are PCtel modems.  Use the correct pctel modules and kernels and
they works fine.

Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

Post by mnip » Sun, 29 Oct 2000 05:49:09

Quote:> Most of them are PCtel modems.  Use the correct pctel modules and kernels
and
> they works fine.

So I should look for a PCTel chip on these motherboards, then? So, its not
part of the 810 chipset, even thought most if not all 810 boards have AMRs?
I have a PCTel PCI modem right here, as a matter of fact...

1. Are linux drivers for i810e AMR modems and AC97 sound capabilities in the works?

I'd like to work with low-cost i810e motherboards for some linux terminals I
have to build. I do see mention of i810 support
from OSS (is i810e any different?), and intel has the accelerated X-server
http://support.intel.com/support/graphics/intel810/linuxsoftware.htm, but
what about the AMR modem?

I was hoping that since this was such a common piece of hardware, someone
had found a way to make that 'winmodem' a 'linmodem'.

Thanks for any info.

2. good csh for NT?

3. ac97 amr driver mirror?

4. netscape and helper application problem

5. [RFCA] Sound: adding /proc/driver/{vendor}/{dev_pci}/ac97 entry for es1371 driver

6. Makefiles

7. via ac97 sound drivers for linux

8. hardware question

9. AMR modem & CS4280 sound chib

10. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 drivers for sound

11. Intel i810 chipset, AC97 sound driver