Xwindow mouse problem

Post by IT » Thu, 16 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Hello! all,

I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
this problem before.

I need help.

Thank you
Ismet

Xwindow mouse problem

Post by Roy L. Northwa » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I to have the same problem, I have determined That it's
an IRQ problem linux has assigned IRQ 5 to my mouse
this is my  Sound Blaster's IRQ. This is causing the mouse to
lockup (reminds me of the early windows days) anyway this to
may be your problem as well, Hopefully someone can Enlighten
us how one assign's Interrupts in this system. I to would GREATLY
appreciate any help.

Roy..............

>Hello! all,

>I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

>When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
>mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
>but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
>and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

>I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
>repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
>this problem before.

>I need help.

>Thank you
>Ismet

Xwindow mouse problem

Post by Lorenzo Maccon » Sat, 18 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Use the setserial command to assign the correct IRQ to your mouse:
/sbin/setserial IRQ 3  (if your mouse uses IRQ 3, the default for COM1
or COM2, I don't remember )
> I to have the same problem, I have determined That it's
> an IRQ problem linux has assigned IRQ 5 to my mouse
> this is my  Sound Blaster's IRQ. This is causing the mouse to
> lockup (reminds me of the early windows days) anyway this to
> may be your problem as well, Hopefully someone can Enlighten
> us how one assign's Interrupts in this system. I to would GREATLY
> appreciate any help.

> Roy..............

> >Hello! all,

> >I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

> >When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
> >mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
> >but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
> >and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

> >I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
> >repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
> >this problem before.

> >I need help.

> >Thank you
> >Ismet

Xwindow mouse problem

Post by IT » Sun, 19 Jul 1998 04:00:00

I also have SoundBlaster16

good luck to us!
Ismet

-------------

>I to have the same problem, I have determined That it's
>an IRQ problem linux has assigned IRQ 5 to my mouse
>this is my  Sound Blaster's IRQ. This is causing the mouse to
>lockup (reminds me of the early windows days) anyway this to
>may be your problem as well, Hopefully someone can Enlighten
>us how one assign's Interrupts in this system. I to would GREATLY
>appreciate any help.

>Roy..............

>>Hello! all,

>>I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

>>When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
>>mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
>>but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
>>and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

>>I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
>>repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
>>this problem before.

>>I need help.

>>Thank you
>>Ismet

Xwindow mouse problem

Post by Alan Wo » Sun, 19 Jul 1998 04:00:00

You can go to /etc/rc.d/rc.serial to add a setserial statement:

/sbin/setserial /dev/[device] IRQ [an interrupt #]

On Fri, 17 Jul 1998 09:53:03 +0200, Lorenzo Maccone

>Use the setserial command to assign the correct IRQ to your mouse:
>/sbin/setserial IRQ 3  (if your mouse uses IRQ 3, the default for COM1
>or COM2, I don't remember )

>> I to have the same problem, I have determined That it's
>> an IRQ problem linux has assigned IRQ 5 to my mouse
>> this is my  Sound Blaster's IRQ. This is causing the mouse to
>> lockup (reminds me of the early windows days) anyway this to
>> may be your problem as well, Hopefully someone can Enlighten
>> us how one assign's Interrupts in this system. I to would GREATLY
>> appreciate any help.

>> Roy..............

>> >Hello! all,

>> >I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

>> >When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
>> >mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
>> >but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
>> >and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

>> >I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
>> >repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
>> >this problem before.

>> >I need help.

>> >Thank you
>> >Ismet

Xwindow mouse problem

Post by Jonathan Shar » Mon, 20 Jul 1998 04:00:00

Try gpm -k before you go into x. :-)

> Hello! all,

> I have a mouse problem on Xwindow,

> When setting-up RedHat-5, it detects my
> mouse as MS compatible serial mouse(it actually is.)
> but when I run the XWindow, lt just doesn't work.
> and I couldn't solve this problem  for last 2 monts

> I wrote to several Linux newsgroups, but not many
> repply to mouse questions, it seems noone experienced
> this problem before.

> I need help.

> Thank you
> Ismet

1. Xwindows mouse problem

I have a microsoft mouse and everything 'seems' to be configured fine.
Xwindows finds the the mouse on /dev/mouse and comes up but my mouse
cursor will not budge.  Anyone know what might be wrong?

Any help is appreciated,
Michael

2. Agere AC'97 - Winmodem

3. Xwindows - Mouse Problem

4. CERN httpd & POST Method

5. Xwindow mouse problem

6. intel e1000 driver, why is the latest version 6.2.15 not in the latest kernel?

7. Setting an environment variable???

8. xwindows mouse problem

9. Xwindows: Mouse problem

10. Debian XWindows/mouse problems

11. Xwindows Mouse problem

12. Mandrake 8.0: Xwindows Mouse problem