comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.questions, comp.os.linux.setup, linux.debian.user

comp.os.linux.hardware, comp.os.linux.misc, comp.os.linux.questions, comp.os.linux.setup, linux.debian.user

Post by Nick Drey » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 15:44:34

I get minicom to talk to my Cisco DSL modem on com2 (/dev/ttyS1),
but before it connects, these strange messages pop up:

** Parameter bits is public, but is marked private in global config file
** Parameter parity is public, but is marked private in global config file
** Parameter stopbits is public, but is marked private in global config file

Is this anything to be concerned about? The parameters bits, parity and
stopbits are set to the standard 8, N, 1 and after the message, it looks
like the connection is fine, but I was wondering what this means?

Any ideas are greatly appreciated . . .

|\|.