XFree86 w/ S3 Trio64V2/DX troubles

Post by Andy Ku » Tue, 22 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

        I hope somebody can help me with this...I'm running XFree86 on
top of RedHat Linux 4.1 with an S3 Trio64V2/DX (that's what SuperProbe
said)
PCI video card and an Optiquest Q53 15" monitor.  I used the XF86Setup
program to configure the X Server for my video hardware.  Whenever I
start up
the X Windows environment and start moving windows around, the screen
gets flooded with "snow" and other junk (i.e. colored pixels, short
vertical bars,
dots, _everywhere_).  Is there some sort of incompatibility
that someone can think of right off the top of his/her head?  Such as
picking the wrong monitor horiz. & vert.frequencies and refresh rates in

XF86Setup, or picking the wrong video card chipset?  I would really
appreciate any input on this matter...thanks a bunch.

Andy Kuo

XFree86 w/ S3 Trio64V2/DX troubles

Post by TiGGe » Tue, 29 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

Well, don't believe in this SuperProbe. If you can, open and look at you
chip or if you're using Win95, look at the Video properties to see what's
your real chip.

TiGGer

> Hi,

>         I hope somebody can help me with this...I'm running XFree86 on
> top of RedHat Linux 4.1 with an S3 Trio64V2/DX (that's what SuperProbe
> said)
> PCI video card and an Optiquest Q53 15" monitor.  I used the XF86Setup
> program to configure the X Server for my video hardware.  Whenever I
> start up
> the X Windows environment and start moving windows around, the screen
> gets flooded with "snow" and other junk (i.e. colored pixels, short
> vertical bars,
> dots, _everywhere_).  Is there some sort of incompatibility
> that someone can think of right off the top of his/her head?  Such as
> picking the wrong monitor horiz. & vert.frequencies and refresh rates in

> XF86Setup, or picking the wrong video card chipset?  I would really
> appreciate any input on this matter...thanks a bunch.

> Andy Kuo

1. XFree86 w/ S3 Trio64V2/DX troubles

Hi,

        I hope somebody can help me with this...I'm running XFree86 on top of
RedHat Linux 4.1 with an S3 Trio64V2/DX PCI video card and an Optiquest Q53
15" monitor.  I used the XF86Setup program to configure the X Server for my
video hardware.  Whenever I start up the X Windows environment, the screen
gets flooded with "snow" and other junk (i.e. colored pixels, short
vertical bars, dots, _everywhere_).  Is there some sort of incompatibility
that someone can think of right off the top of his/her head?  Such as
picking the wrong monitor horiz. & vert.frequencies and refresh rates in
XF86Setup, or picking the wrong video card chipset?  I would really
appreciate any input on this matter...thanks a bunch.

Andy Kuo

(please either post responses to this newgroup, or email them to

2. Genius Sound Maker 18PnP

3. XFree86 and S3 Trio64V2/DX troubles

4. Errors SIOCADDRT and TIOCSER

5. C-Programming, getchar(), console

6. S3 Trio64V2/DX (86C775) support by XFree86

7. restore and multipe VGs on a single tape

8. S3 Trio64V2/DX + XFree86

9. S3 Trio64V2-DX/GX (775/785)

10. S3 Trio64V2/DX (86C775) problems

11. RH6 Xconfig, S3 Trio64V2/DX and SAMSUNG SyncMaster 4S Monitor..

12. S3 Trio64V2/DX driver for SCO 5.0.0