I am a Linux Know Nothing, would like to know

I am a Linux Know Nothing, would like to know

Post by Justin Ryan [PHT » Tue, 26 Jan 1999 04:00:00

you can shirnk your windows 98 partition and use the freed up space for
linux, then dual boot between the two (choose which to boot).. try
TurboLinux, www.turbolinux.com/orders/ you can grab the boxed set w/ manual
that walks you through every step of installing it, including shrinking your
partition, it also includes WordPerfect8 for linux.. you can also download
it via ftp and cheapbytes (www.cheapbytes.com) will have it soon as well,
though you won't get the book and probably won't get WP8.. as fors
creenshots, there are tons of places on the web you can find screenshots of
people's systems
-Justin

Justin Ryan

Internet/Developer Relations Associate
Pacific HiTech / TurboLinux
http://www.turbolinux.com/

> Would someone please let me know how I can simply see what Linux looks
like on
> the screen, am very interested and see that now Staples is selling it,
would
> like to know lots more, currently running compaq Presario w/166MMX
Pentium, 32

Post by Izod » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

Would someone please let me know how I can simply see what Linux looks like on
the screen, am very interested and see that now Staples is selling it, would
like to know lots more, currently running compaq Presario w/166MMX Pentium, 32
megs of RAM and Win98, what happens, do I kill Win98, do I have to reformat to
use Linux, will all my software run (to numerous to mention), its all a mystery
to me and I would sure like to understand more, any literature available?
Thank you,

I am a Linux Know Nothing, would like to know

Post by Ben Goble, Lakewood Colorad » Wed, 27 Jan 1999 04:00:00

There are many Linux users groups that could helpful,
you did not mention where you live.  Check your local
library for Linux books, O'Reilly publishes several good
Linux books.  Do a Web search on "Linux installation".
And read, read, read.  It will be a profitable learning experience.

--
Ben Goble  Lakewood,  Colorado  USA
bgoble at uswest dot net  bgoble at nyx dot net

1. Red Hat Q/Linux-I know nothing about linux.

I would like to ask about Linux/Red Hat Linux.
How is it better than windows? Does it operate with I
Explorer? And how does it help one launch a website
through a Unix Shell? What can you tell me about it? I KNOW NOTHING!
Keep it simple-The time-not the clock and its gears.Thanks

Tino

2. Loopback over thin ethernet?

3. 47DAE63A You know nothing about Linux.

4. Anyone know how much Veritas NetBackup costs?

5. Andrew - How to install ?

6. PS2 mouse (Logitech 3 buttons) DO NOT WORK

7. Yes, I know NOTHING of Linux...

8. HELP ME!!!...Wanna use Linux on RS6000 I have...but know nothing about RS6000'...!!!

9. 47DAE63A You know nothing about Linux.

10. X-Windows (yea, I know, I know)

11. Anyone know why a keyboard would freeze but nothing else??