LMS Philips CD-ROM (CM-206)

Post by Mike San Jo » Sat, 17 Jun 1995 04:00:00

I recently acquired a really cheap 2X Philips/LMS CD-ROM drive.  I already
have a working SB/Panasonic CD-ROM, but I figured it wouldn't hurt to add
another drive.  (2X + 2X = 4X hee hee).

Anyways, the new LMS drive works perfectly in DOS and windows. After doing
some research, I found that there's a kernel patch for LMS/Philips CD-ROM
drives (CM-205, CM-202, etc).  However, for some unmentioned reason, this
patch specifically doesn't support the CM-206 CD-ROM drive.  Is there any
linux support for the drive?  Is there any way I can modify the kernel
patch for CM-205 so that it'll work with CM-206 drives?

The drive attaches to a Philips CM-260 ISA adapter.  The connector is some
kind of proprietary design... <shrug>

I'd appreciate any help

--
Mike San Jose

LMS Philips CD-ROM (CM-206)

Post by Xetronic~ » Sun, 18 Jun 1995 04:00:00

Quote:> Anyways, the new LMS drive works perfectly in DOS and windows. After doing
> some research, I found that there's a kernel patch for LMS/Philips CD-ROM
> drives (CM-205, CM-202, etc).  However, for some unmentioned reason, this
> patch specifically doesn't support the CM-206 CD-ROM drive.  Is there any
> linux support for the drive?  Is there any way I can modify the kernel
> patch for CM-205 so that it'll work with CM-206 drives?

> The drive attaches to a Philips CM-260 ISA adapter.  The connector is some
> kind of proprietary design... <shrug>

Yes, there is a kernel patch for cm206/cm260 combo.
sunsite.unc.edu /pub/Linux/kernel/patches/cdrom/

---

                    : http://longyear.acs.nmu.edu/~xetronic

   "Venimus, Vidimus, Dolavimus" --> "we came, we saw, we hacked"
                http://www.ssc.com/linux/linux.html

1. Philips LMS CM-206 CD-Rom

Ok at it again...

Is there any one out there that is developing or writing a device driver
for the Philips LMS -206/260 drive/adapter package?

please contact me

--Dave Graff

It's a WARPed world out there and I sure as H*LL don't do Windows!

2. Fetchmail frustration...

3. Driver for Philips LMS CM-206 CD?

4. linux installation

5. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM device driver: where?

6. Good JDK for OpenBSD??

7. RedHat 4.2 & Philips CD-ROM (CM-206/260)

8. How do I boot from floppy with LILO installed

9. Philips CM-206 CD-Rom Drive

10. Philips CM-206 CD-ROM drivers in order to install Linux

11. HELP WITH LMS CM 206 CD-ROM

12. Looking for a Philips LMS 206 (not 205) CD-ROM driver

13. Help: cd-rom with philips LMS-206