Adaptec 2930 SCSI Help Needed

Post by David Mcilro » Tue, 13 Jul 1999 04:00:00

Hi--

I just bought an Adaptec 2930 SCSI card, and RedHat fails to recognize
it at bootup.  I know very little about Linux configurations, so I have
not fiddled much with /etc/conf.modules, which may help.
At bootup, RH6.0 says scsi: 0 hosts detected.
Any help is much appreciated.
Thanks!
David

Machine specs
RH6.0
AMD K6-2-300
Via MVP Socket 7
3.5G HDD
AGP 2x graphics
SCSI 2930
SCSI CD-RW (Non-functional until the host adapter is working!)
IDE 4x CD-ROM

1. Adaptec SCSI Card 2930

Hello out there,

Does anyone have experience with this adapter?  I've been trying to
install it and under RH5.1 am having it being recognized when I run the
upgrade but during bootup get the scsi hosts-0 msg.  It is being
recognized as a 2940 card in the upgrade program during the scsi probe.
Is there a boot parameter that I can add to the lilo.conf file to help get
this card recognized, or is it just impossible?  Any ideas would be
appreciated, even if it is just saying that someone has it working.  I
have a few days to still return the card, so I do have some time.

I am only using this card for a jaz drive, I have 2 ide HD's on the
system, so I am operable.  This is just a recent addition to my system.
My kernel version is 2.0.34.

Thanks in advance,

Roger

2. Problems with tcsh & 0.99.9

3. Adaptec 2930 SCSI driver

4. ANNOUNCE: plfs 1.0 for Solstice Disksuite

5. Adaptec 2930 PCI SCSI card

6. Configure network card problem

7. ADAPTEC Ultra SCSI 2930 controller card

8. First Plane Shot down in Afghanistan.

9. ADAPTEC 2930 SCSI Adapter

10. Adaptec AHA-2930 SCSI Controller problems in kernel 2.4.3+

11. Any support for Adaptec 2930 SCSI card?

12. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter. . .

13. Adaptec 2930 SCSI adapter