Multiple Pentiums

Post by Fred Re » Thu, 01 May 1997 04:00:00

I recently purchased a couple of Giga-Byte GA-586ID dual Pentium
motherboards, returns and repaired. I know they're obsolete, but
they were so *RIDICULOUSLY* cheap I would have been crazy NOT to
take them - and would like to know if they will work with Linux.

If anyone has any experience of using these boards with Linux I
would be grateful for any information or helpful hints.

[Now I'm looking for a cheap source of 100MHz Pentiums...]
--
Fred Read
How many people do *you* know with a C function named after them ?

(Return address mangled to limit the amount of junk e-mail I receive.)

--
Fred Read
How many people do *you* know with a C function named after them ?

(Return address mangled to limit the amount of junk e-mail I receive.)

1. SMP : multiple pentiums

Does the current build of linux support multiple processors in
a x86 box?  If not, how is the Linux Community leaning in this matter?

Thanks a thousand,

--
-----------------------------------
|    Ted Gaunt                    |

-----------------------------------

2. Spider Graphics Tarantula 64 vlb any good ?

3. Pentium Pro vs. Pentium/multiple simultaneous users

4. making daemons

5. Solution: multiple Apache log files, multiple args to env=, multiple conditions to CustomLog directive

6. Have grep return just word instead of line

7. Dual Pentium II vs Pentium III

8. install of cd-rw on compaq proliant server

9. Pentium Pro / Pentium II FPU Bug

10. Pentium Pro 200 vs Pentium 200 MMX

11. Pentium Pro or Pentium II for signal processing?

12. Update on Pentium II vs Pentium Pro

13. Pentium Pro 200Mhz vs. Pentium II 233Mhz Performance ??