Need ISDN recommendations/advice

Post by nospa » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

I've been looking around on the net, but cannot find any info on U.S.
ISDN support for Linux.   Just about everything I see is for european
ISDN standards, which, I believe, are slightly different from US
standards.  I need to know if Linux likes American USR Sportster
internal ISDN modems.  Anyone out there know anything about this?  What
do I need to do to get an internal ISDN modem working on my Linux box?
I'd rather not go external if I can help it, because I want to get the
maximum throughput I can get.  Do I have a choice?  If USR ISDN TA's
don't work, what does?

Tim

To avoid spam, I faked my e-mail address above.  If you would like to
e-mail me, please feel free to write to "wiggles at death-star dot com",
replacing the "at" and "dot" with appropriate characters, but leaving
the "-" alone.

Need ISDN recommendations/advice

Post by Tad » Fri, 25 Sep 1998 04:00:00

If you want an internal, check out www.spellcast.com . They have some really
nice software for Linux, and it is extremely easy to set up.

There is a driver for the Sportster, but last I heard, it only worked with
one B channel.

Tad

>I've been looking around on the net, but cannot find any info on U.S.
>ISDN support for Linux.   Just about everything I see is for european
>ISDN standards, which, I believe, are slightly different from US
>standards.  I need to know if Linux likes American USR Sportster
>internal ISDN modems.  Anyone out there know anything about this?  What
>do I need to do to get an internal ISDN modem working on my Linux box?
>I'd rather not go external if I can help it, because I want to get the
>maximum throughput I can get.  Do I have a choice?  If USR ISDN TA's
>don't work, what does?

>Tim

>To avoid spam, I faked my e-mail address above.  If you would like to
>e-mail me, please feel free to write to "wiggles at death-star dot com",
>replacing the "at" and "dot" with appropriate characters, but leaving
>the "-" alone.

1. Need ISDN recommendations/advice

[ Attached Message ]

Date: Thu, 24 Sep 1998 15:13:49 -0500
Subject: Need ISDN recommendations/advice
I've been looking around on the net, but cannot find any info on U.S.
ISDN support for Linux.   Just about everything I see is for european
ISDN standards, which, I believe, are slightly different from US
standards.  I need to know if Linux likes American USR Sportster
internal ISDN modems.  Anyone out there know anything about this?  What
do I need to do to get an internal ISDN modem working on my Linux box?
I'd rather not go external if I can help it, because I want to get the
maximum throughput I can get.  Do I have a choice?  If USR ISDN TA's
don't work, what does?

Tim

To avoid spam, I faked my e-mail address above.  If you would like to
e-mail me, please feel free to write to "wiggles at death-star dot com",
replacing the "at" and "dot" with appropriate characters, but leaving
the "-" alone.

2. Unix - Frequently Asked Questions (Contents) [Frequent posting]

3. Need advice/recommendation: Asus, NCR 53C810?

4. parport / kernel message problem

5. Toshiba Satellite 3005-S303: recommendations (good or bad) and advice needed

6. Forefront CM 1782 & XWindows

7. ISDN experience/tips/advices needed, thx

8. why is output getting truncated?

9. ISDN advice needed

10. Need advice for ISDN equipment

11. ISDN hardware advice needed

12. Firewall recommendations/advice - Would this work?

13. Recommendation PLS:HDD 850MB/advice