Printing with bjc-150 canon

Post by Hermann Sinthe » Wed, 20 Aug 1997 04:00:00

hy
how can i printing with canon bjc-150
please help

Printing with bjc-150 canon

Post by Gavin E. Gleaso » Fri, 22 Aug 1997 04:00:00

> hy
> how can i printing with canon bjc-150
> please help

I don't have an answer (sorry) but I do have another question.  I got a
bjc-4200.  Are we screwed?  Did I just buy a WIN-printer?  I mean, does
this thing need some sort of chip-emulation to run?  I tried the
command:
        # cat file >> /dev/lp1
        ^
  (root permisions)

        and it just sat there indefinitely.  I had my printing setup working
with an HP-550c and a Okidata OL-810 concurrently with no problems.
        If it is a win-printer how hard would it be to write a driver?  I know
that it eats up CPU cycles and is unreliable in a multi-threading OS,
but I don't have any money!
        Any help is appreciated.

                        Gavin E. Gleason
Gavin E. Gleason | "If you ain't busy bein' born,

Printing with bjc-150 canon

Post by Paulo Abre » Tue, 26 Aug 1997 04:00:00

>> hy
>> how can i printing with canon bjc-150
>> please help

>I don't have an answer (sorry) but I do have another question.  I got a
>bjc-4200.  Are we screwed?  Did I just buy a WIN-printer?  I mean, does
>this thing need some sort of chip-emulation to run?  I tried the
>command:
>    # cat file >> /dev/lp1
>    ^
>  (root permisions)

I also have a BJC-4200 and issuing the same command above works for
me.
If you want we can compare our "printcap" files.

Quote:

>    and it just sat there indefinitely.  I had my printing setup working
>with an HP-550c and a Okidata OL-810 concurrently with no problems.
>    If it is a win-printer how hard would it be to write a driver?  I know
>that it eats up CPU cycles and is unreliable in a multi-threading OS,
>but I don't have any money!
>    Any help is appreciated.

Once I read a posting saying that filters "epsonlq" and "epsonlqc" worked for the BJC-4200.
If you have these filters in your ghostscript you can try.
The hell is that I don't have these filters in my version 2.6.2 of
ghostscript and I don't know how to get them.
I would appreciate any help too.

>                    Gavin E. Gleason
>--
>Gavin E. Gleason | "If you ain't busy bein' born,

Best regards,

Paulo Abreu

-----------------
Paulo Abreu

Clemson University
Clemson - SC
---------------------------

Printing with bjc-150 canon

Post by Bryan Fe » Fri, 29 Aug 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>Once I read a posting saying that filters "epsonlq" and "epsonlqc" worked for the BJC-4200.
>If you have these filters in your ghostscript you can try.
>The hell is that I don't have these filters in my version 2.6.2 of
>ghostscript and I don't know how to get them.
>I would appreciate any help too.

   Best advice: upgrade ghostscript.  As of Aladdin Ghostscript version
4.0 (current version is 5.03), Ghostscript not only supports the BJC-4200
(via the bjc600 driver) but supports full colour on it.  I've got several
full-colour printouts that worked perfectly, though you might have to
fiddle with gamma correction a bit.  Haven't tried the 'photorealistic'
ink package yet, but I don't see why it wouldn't work, too.

   The Ghostscript web pages are <http://www.cs.wisc.edu/~ghost/index.html>;
it tells you what files you need to download to compile it from there.

   If you're using RedHat (or Debian with the 'alien' importer) there are
RPM files in any of the RedHat mirrors under contrib/i386/: you'd need
ghostscript-5.03-1.i386.rpm and ghostscript-fonts-5.02-1.i386.rpm.  There
is also ghostscript-fonts-other-5.02-1.i386.rpm if you want other fonts.
I expect they have all drivers enabled, so the bjc600 should be in there.

Bryan Feir           VA3GBF|"A landlady may be reduced to her lowest terms by a