Problems with Davicom DM9102 on RH 7.2

Post by Andy Kirklan » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:39:28

I can't get the above to install and work correctly... Anyone got a dummy
guide to get this NIC working?

Cheers,

Andy

Post by ken_yap_bdd9bdb6_.. » Sun, 27 Jan 2002 01:25:54

|I can't get the above to install and work correctly... Anyone got a dummy
|guide to get this NIC working?

Apparently RH7.2 tries to use the tulip driver for it, but the correct
driver is dmfe. I don't know how to override this with the GUI but you
could edit /etc/modules.conf so that you have

        alias eth0 dmfe

or eth1 or whatever as appropriate.

1. Davicom DM9102 problem on Solaris 8

Hi, I'm a newbee

I installed Solaris 8 (Intel Platform) on my PC, I have a Pentium III
550MHz and a PcChips 766MLRT Motherboard with 128MB in RAM.

In the configuration process the Webstart ask if my PC is Networked or
not, I chose YES 'cause a I have a LAN at home, I follow all steps and
finish but the setup program can not set the parameters, so I choose
NON-NETWORKED and the webstar program finish well.

After that I try to check if my network card is installed, I research
in the Internet and I found that in /dev  path must be the Network
card, but it does not.

Can anybody tell me how can I install the a Network Card, with detail
steps, and Where can I find the Davicom 9102 Driver.

A last question, Are the LINUX's drivers compatible with Solaris??????
because I have the DM9102 linux driver.

Julin Pe?a.

2. Can I mount Interactive Unix file systems with Linux?

3. Davicom DM9102 driver

4. ISO9660 filenames

5. Davicom DM9102 NIC 2.2 Level Driver

6. rmap VM 12g

7. Red Hat 6.2/7.0 Davicom DM9102 DMFE boot driver disk for download here

8. Where buy Linux book in Miami city????

9. davicom dm9102 driver

10. Davicom 9102 AF, Redhat 7.2, Dell 8200, kernel 2.4.7-10

11. RH 7.2 font aliasing problem after upgrading kde and xfree w/RH rpms

12. problems in upgrading from RH 7.2 to RH 8.0