NIC Driver for Compaq Netelligent

Post by Richard Ki » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I am in search of a NIC driver for a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded
UTP Controller.

I am currently running RedHat 5.1(Kernel 2.0.34)

If anybody could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Rich

NIC Driver for Compaq Netelligent

Post by Brian Jani » Fri, 04 Dec 1998 04:00:00

I just posted a similar message, what Compaq do you have? Is it the
Professional Workstation 5000? If so, what SCSI do you have? Is it a
big hassle to get it working under Linux? (Redhat 5.x)
btw - I'm looking for the same NIC driver you are.

>I am in search of a NIC driver for a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded
>UTP Controller.

>I am currently running RedHat 5.1(Kernel 2.0.34)

>If anybody could point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

>Thanks,
>Rich

Brian Janice

1. NIC / network won't load: Compaq Netelligent 10/100 Embedded NIC, Eth0

Environment:
Macmillan Linux-Mandrake Deluxe Linux 6.5
Compaq Deskpro 6000 266/MMX 288MB SDRAM
Compaq Netelligent 10/100 embedded NIC

Problem:
Setup recognized the NIC, but when I boot Linux the network fails to initialize.  Side note: currently I'm not able to boot from SCSI disk, only floppy.  Anyway, what do I need to do to get my net connection up?  I'm using KDE and the Linuxconfig utility, but when I activate the changes I've made, the network still won't initialize.

The changes I made are: setting my default gateway, setting my DNS server addresses, setting up for DHCP, setting module type for NIC to "tlan" (which is what the documentation tells me to use).

What do I need to do to get my network connection up?  I'm obviously a Linux newbie, so please forgive my ignorance.  Thanks for any help!
Regards,

Scott

2. Perl and AIX v4.3.2

3. Driver Or howto intstall Compaq Netelligent 10/100 driver

4. Linux CD Distribution Reviews ???

5. Compaq Netelligent NIC

6. drivers/char/eurotechwdt.c

7. I can't load Compaq Netelligent NIC

8. redhat6 md (multiple disk) problem

9. Add module for Compaq Netelligent 10/100 PCMCIA NIC ?

10. Compaq Netelligent 10/100TX NIC

11. What is the driver for a Compaq Netelligent 10/100 TX Embedded UTP Controller?

12. Driver for Compaq Netelligent PCCard ?

13. Compaq Netelligent 10 T PCI UTP driver?