Linux and Madge-card

Post by m. vansteense » Sun, 20 Jul 1997 04:00:00

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but I'm new to this.

I try to get my Pentium with a Madge smartcard connected to our local
TokenRing network running RedHat Linux 4.1 (kernel 2.0.27). Frankly, I
don't know how. According to my window-manager, I can tell Linux to use a
tr0 but that's about as far as I got. Does this kernel version have the
necessary drivers? I could not find them in /proc/net/dev so perhaps I
should install a higher kernel version? Windoze, which was installed
before, saw something called Ipswitch which I presume is a
packet-switcher. Does it have anything to do with it? Damn, I'm lost.

Help!!

Thanks

Maurice

Linux and Madge-card