MFM and IDE co-existing under Linux?

Post by no_na » Sat, 06 May 1995 04:00:00

Hello,

I have a 65MB MFM hard-drive that replaced with a 240MB IDE drive some years
ago.

I at one time used both, together under MS-DOZE by using a cripple-ware
driver in my CONFIG.SYS and setting the MFM controller to be on the secondary
address.

This worked ok, but would have many errors...you had to register the driver to
get error-recovery.

Is there support for having IDE and MFM hard-drives co-existing under Linux?
If so, any hints on how to do it?

Help will be appreciated

Sincerely,

Phil

1. Will IDE drives co-exist with MFM drives under Linux?

I've got a chance to buy about 600M of ESDI Drives plus controller,
that I am told look like MFM drives to the computer.  I've already
got an IDE controller and two drives that I don't want to give up.

Will they co-exist and will Linux support them both at the same
time?

Thanks,

Sean.

---
Sean L. Gilley

614 860 9053 (h), 614 860 5743 (w)

2. Matt G and Jerek "Krusher"

3. SCSI and IDE co-existing

4. NE2100 AutoIRQ bug still there...

5. CD-write and ZIP drive co-existing on IDE

6. Partitions, Bootloaders, and BSDs, OH MY!

7. mishaps with co-existing OSs (Linux and Dos Partitions)

8. MAIL

9. Co-existing Linux & Win95

10. Linux and Win2K Server Co-existing

11. Linux & HP DNS Co-existing