Anything a Cyrix chip won't do?

Post by Jeff Llo » Tue, 24 Sep 1996 04:00:00

I am thinking of buying a Cyrix chip with a giga-byte HX motherboard and
am wondering if there is anything that I should know about the Cyrix chip
before taking the plunge.  I hear it does FP math slower (?), but what
programs does this specifically affect?

Thanks for any input,

Jeff

Post by Henry Cros » Wed, 25 Sep 1996 04:00:00

> I am thinking of buying a Cyrix chip with a giga-byte HX motherboard and
> am wondering if there is anything that I should know about the Cyrix chip
> before taking the plunge.  I hear it does FP math slower (?), but what
> programs does this specifically affect?

Quake for one.
--
H.Cross

Work:     | OS/2 - Best DOS emulator in an armored OS
Play:     | DOS and it's graphical menu system. (Windows)
Learn:    | U of NIX (LINUX rocks!)

1. Old Dos games on Win95 with Cyrix chip

I heard there are some problems with Cyrix chip in Win95 or Dos' games.
Does anyone has this kind of infomation?

My girlfriend tried to run the old Dos-based game call "Theme Park", but
the computer got freeze up from time to time (quite often).  I used to
run perfectly fine with this old game in my Pentium 75 system.  So, I am
thinking if there is something wrong with the Cyrix CPU to run the Dos,
Win95 games.  If this problem does exsist, is it any patch to fix this
problem???

Besides, I have no problem with the operating system.  Win95, Windows NT
and Linux works fine with my Cyrix chip.

Thanks in advance!!!

Andrew Hon

2. looking for batch scheduler

3. dos won't recognize my extended dos partition

4. Where is my desktop?

5. Determining if a user's process is doing anything.

6. ydl cd image

7. I've deleted /home - is there anything that can be done..

8. sendmail under inetd?

9. Does anyone know anything about LOCUS' DOS MERGE running on Linux

10. xdvi won't show anything?

11. kerneld won't load anything

12. GCC - Won't find types.h for /asm/types.h for ANYTHING

13. Printer won't print anything!-Debian