Kernel driver for PELogic 1600 ISA scsi card

Kernel driver for PELogic 1600 ISA scsi card

Post by Dave- » Sat, 27 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Howdy,

I was given this ISA scsi card (PELogic 1600) recently and was hoping to
add it to my linux system I've been working on for over a year now so that
I may use my scsi scanner.  The problem is I have no idea what low-level
driver to use for this card.  I'm also under the impression that I need a
card-specific low-level driver even though I only intend to use the
scsi_generic interface (sg).  If anyone can offer any help, it would be
well appreciated.

thanks,
Dave

                  http://www.searchlinux.com

Kernel driver for PELogic 1600 ISA scsi card

Post by Dave- » Wed, 31 Mar 1999 04:00:00

Howdy again,

I feel a bit foolish, but I tried the aha152x kernel scsi driver at the
sugestion of a friend and it worked!  SO, I thought the least I could do is
come back and answer my own question in case anyone else had the same
question.  It seems to be a pretty good clone too, just be sure your irq is
really free, and that you pass the i/o and irq to the kernel at boot, or at
module load if thats the way you decide to go.

thanks for the forum.

Dave

                  http://www.searchlinux.com