PCMCIA Flash Card *need direction past PCMCIA howto*

PCMCIA Flash Card *need direction past PCMCIA howto*

Post by A Dent » Fri, 23 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I have a need to be able to duplicate the entire contents of a flash
card.  I have been able to get my redhat linux to read the entire
capacity of the flash card and store it as an image, however, when I
try to write I do this by writing back to the raw device and it then
just overwrites my character file.  If the fs on the flash matters, it
is using cardtalk circa 1995 and a maxtor pcmcia for the only platform
I have that supports this duplication process.  Win95 has the
M-systems stuff but this doesn't jive with SCM's binary utility that
does a basic 'dd' only it reads then doesn't write.  Anyway, this is
my challenge.  I need to make this happen so if we lose one machine we
don't lose the ability to replicate flash cards.  Any comments would
be great.  If you have valuable info, which means no flames or