supported hardware

Post by A. Gardne » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

Does anyone know a web page where i can find a list of supported hardware.
i'm buying a system soon, and look forward to installing red hat 5.0 for
the first time.
i'm leery of getting a system thats going to be incompatible...
thanks,
A. Gardner

supported hardware

Post by Brion Vibbe » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

[posted and mailed]

> Does anyone know a web page where i can find a list of supported hardware.
> i'm buying a system soon, and look forward to installing red hat 5.0 for
> the first time.
> i'm leery of getting a system thats going to be incompatible...
> thanks,

A good place to start is Red Hat's web site at http://www.redhat.com. If you
look in the Support section I believe there is a hardware compatibility list
- anything that's listed is known to work, but not everything that's not
listed doesn't work, and a few things that are listed as incompatible do work
if you know what you're doing. If in doubt about something, ask here and
you'll probably get responses from other people who've tried the hardware in
question.

Also check the Linux Documentation Project (http://www.sunsite.unc.edu/LDP/),
I think there is a hardware compatibility list of some sort there too,
possibly among the howtos.

supported hardware

Post by The Grunewald » Wed, 22 Apr 1998 04:00:00

> Does anyone know a web page where i can find a list of supported hardware.
> i'm buying a system soon, and look forward to installing red hat 5.0 for
> the first time.
> i'm leery of getting a system thats going to be incompatible...
> thanks,
> A. Gardner

There is a section of the Red Hat page that lists compatible hardware
//http:www.redhat.comGood luck,
Jim