RH6.0 & logitech busmouse

Post by Richard Sniderma » Thu, 27 May 1999 04:00:00

I have a Logitech 3 button busmouse - Mouse MAN Deluxe-Bus
model M-PK32. I have just installed RedHat 6.0 on my i486.
The mouse was functioning in Windows 95 prior to the upgrade.
I have been unsuccessful in getting it operational in either
text mode or X & have read most of what I can find via a net search.

Any help would be appreciated. I've included what I think is
all the relevant diagonostic info.

Thanks! Richard.

MOUSETYPE="Busmouse"
XMOUSETYPE="BusMouse"
FULLNAME="Logitech Bus Mouse"
XEMU3=no

Logitech bus mouse detected, using IRQ 5

Module                  Size  Used by
busmouse                1720   1
ne                      6480   1  (autoclean)
8390                    5920   0  (autoclean) [ne]

( I tried adding "options busmouse mouse_irq=5" to /etc/conf.modules
which did not help)

lrwxrwxrwx   1 root     root           11 May 25 22:57 /dev/mouse ->
/dev/logibm

crw-rw-r--   1 root     root      10,   0 May  5  1998 /dev/logibm

root       991     1  0 08:54 ?        00:00:00 gpm -t bm
root       993   976  0 08:54 pts/1    00:00:00 grep gpm

. . .

# **********************************************************************
# Pointer section
# **********************************************************************

Section "Pointer"
    Protocol    "BusMouse"
    Device      "/dev/logibm"

1. Logitech pulls a fast one with there Mouseman II 'buhs' mouse (mice, busmouse, busmice)

Ok, I bragged about how well I've gotten along with my Logitech
(ancient) bus mouse.

Well it had to happen, after getting addicted to the DOOM series and
then Quake the mouse had a small plastic piece break off.

I've tried to get some iformation from Logitech about getting a new
plastic shell but they are worse than USR about responding.

I went a head a purchased a new 'buhs' mouse from Logitech called the
Mouseman II Bus mouse.

It ain't

Not in any way shape or form.

It is nothing more than a Plug and Pray serial card and a serial
mouse.

It finally configured for Linux Doom, Quake and Xwidows (sic) as a
serial mouse. I ditched the card and tried it as just a serial mouse
and it works much better.

It will NOT however work with DOS Doom or Quake no matter what I do.
(I think this is the 7.0 driver  and will go back to the 6.43 freeware
one.).

Because the card can automatically switch to whatever it wants unless
you put it into a very restrictive mode and there is nothing I know
for Linux that'll initialize it I'm dumping it and getting a serial
mouse. I loath serial stuff but now have no choice.

DON'T BUY this expecting it to plug into an existing, easy to
configure Linux busmouse set up, it will NOT work.

___

2. Pentium 2 compatibility question

3. Logitech busmouse & X help please!

4. open a website by a shell script

5. Logitech BusMouse & Linux

6. Solaris 8 system header files

7. Logitech BusMouse: Device or resource busy

8. Do I need common files to upgrade Netscape Communicator?

9. Logitech busmouse P&P problems

10. Logitech Busmouse does not work with linux

11. Logitech Busmouse (SLS-1.0, Kernel-99.6, XFree-1.2)

12. Logitech Busmouse: Device Busy?

13. Logitech busmouse bass-ackwards under XFree86