Cable Modem

Post by lucerot » Fri, 02 Aug 1996 04:00:00

I am running Linux on a PC compatible 486.  I would like to use my
Zenith cable modem for Internet access, but I only have Windows drivers.
Does anyone know where I can begin to look for cable modem drivers?

1. Cable modem..56 modem dial up, 500K cable modem download stream...

I have 2 network cards and 1 modem in a Linux Box with RH6.
My cable modem uses the modem to start a PPP session, and the network card
is then hooked up to the VPN of the ISP.

I would like to setup a IP Masquraded Firewall to hook some of my other
boxes
behind the firewall.

I  cannot find a HOW-TO to setup the Linux box using this type of Cable
Modem.  I
have only found 2 way cable modems.  Can someone point me it the right
direction.

My problem is that I don't know how to get Linux connected, then also, how
do I configure
ipchains or ipfwadm to use the correct rule set.  Do I do the modem or the
network card.  The
network card has a static IP of 10.0.0.1 which is usally used for VPNs.  My
cable company
is of corse not supporting Linux, so I have to do it myself.  The PPP dialup
uses DHCP to
assign my address so I have dhcp setup.

Thanks in advance..

Aaron

2. HLA v1.39 (High Level Assembler) is now available for Linux

3. Cable Modem (COX @HOME), I NEED HELP SETTING UP MY CABLE MODEM WITH RH 5.1

4. Crontab - End of Month

5. @Home Cable Modem and RedHat 6.0 -- no packets get past the cable modem at all!

6. AsanteFAST 10/100

7. Cox Cable installing a cable modem

8. Java Netscape Problems

9. Anyone using Cable TV Montgomery cable modems?

10. problem with nat in kernel-2.16.22 on cable modem (i-cable)

11. Yet another cable modem setup question :( (Philadelphia area Suburban Cable)

12. linux setup for cable modem service by Cable TV Montgomery/ExpressNet

13. power cable or tv cable modem