anyone using Iomega Ditto 420mb tape drive?

anyone using Iomega Ditto 420mb tape drive?

Post by Sean Ch » Mon, 18 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Subject says it all... the ftape HOWTO indicates that some Ditto drives
may work with the driver, but I'd like to know for sure.

E-mail response if possible, thanks,

. . . Sean.

anyone using Iomega Ditto 420mb tape drive?

Post by chas » Sun, 24 Sep 1995 04:00:00

Hi - I just installed one last night. I compiled in the modules
support, built a copy of ftape2.03b and I can read, write, rewind
and retension the tape. Using a 2120 cartridge I haven't been
able to fsf or bsf on the nr device. If anyone understands why,
drop me a line.

chasb

Charles C. Bennett, Jr.         Software Contractor

Post by Tony Lindstr|m - Pelika RAY » Sat, 30 Sep 1995 04:00:00

#
# Hi - I just installed one last night. I compiled in the modules
# support, built a copy of ftape2.03b and I can read, write, rewind
# and retension the tape. Using a 2120 cartridge I haven't been
# able to fsf or bsf on the nr device. If anyone understands why,
# drop me a line.

        Hmm... I did have some problems, but then I got taper
        and all seems to work fine. Maybe I didn't quite understand
        those cryptic mt-commands.

        I recommend it, It works with my ditto and it is definiately
        much easier to use than hassling with tar and mt...

        Got it from a sunsitemirror:

        /pub/Linux/system/Backup/taper231.tar.gz

--

*                                                                            *
** ** **     Aren't you about ready to go home now? - Lion Rafale     ** ** **

1. Anyone used an Iomega Easy3200 Ditto Parallel port tape drive ?

I'm curious whether anyone has had success trying to use the above
parallel tape drive with Linux.  I'm currently trying it on Redhat7.0.
It uses the travan tapes.

The Hardware-howto seems to say that no parallel port drives are
supported but I see people have been able to use zip drives ok, so I'm
curious to see if I can get this old drive to work.

Any ideas as to what driver I should be using, in the kde backup utility
it defaults to /dev/tape, but not sure what other one to try.

Any ideas would be much appreciated.

lsmod does show parport and parport_pc

2. Setting up XFree86!

3. Have any of you used an Iomega Ditto tape drive with Linux?

4. Have redhat6.2, want to put on old 486 non-PCI 400Mb-Hd, ok?

5. Can an Iomega Ditto tape drive be configured on Free SCO OS5?

6. linux in PR

7. HELP: Iomega Ditto 3200 Travan tape drive, 3 button mice, faster gfx??

8. i need a news-server with user authentification

9. Driver for Iomega 2GB Ditto Tape Drive?

10. Iomega Ditto Tape Drive

11. Iomega Ditto 800 internal floppy controller tape drive

12. Iomega Ditto Tape Drive and Matrox Mystique?

13. Iomega Ditto tape drive