60 Gb HDD not recognized during boot up.

60 Gb HDD not recognized during boot up.

Post by Pierre Hard » Mon, 05 Aug 2002 20:39:08

Before I can get to Grub, my hard drive isn't recognized.  Well I have to
say sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.  It's a 60Gb IBM hard drive.
When it isn't recognized, it simply isn't on the dos screen, nothing.

I updated the bios to the latest one and still I get this intermittant
problem.

Any ideas?

60 Gb HDD not recognized during boot up.

Post by Bill Marc » Tue, 06 Aug 2002 07:24:34

On Sun, 04 Aug 2002 11:39:08 GMT,

Quote:>Before I can get to Grub, my hard drive isn't recognized.  Well I have to
>say sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't.  It's a 60Gb IBM hard drive.
>When it isn't recognized, it simply isn't on the dos screen, nothing.

>I updated the bios to the latest one and still I get this intermittant
>problem.

>Any ideas?

Since it is intermittent, check the cable, or maybe you just have a bad
drive.

1. Mandrake 7.1 won't recognize my Maxtor 36147H8 60 GB ATA 100

Damnit... I have the same frickin' problem with my ATA/100
drive/controller. RH 7.0
installed fine, but for some reason RH 7.1 and Mandrake 8.0 hang during
install startup.
I've read that this is because these distro's try to probe the drive or
something, and get
locked up because of it's ATA/100 nature. I don't know the details, or a
workaround,
but I want to get RH 7.1 on this computer! If you find any solutions,
please let me know.

Thanks,

-Chris

2. 10 Reasons why Linux sucks

3. HDD is not recognized during installation

4. (Q) Should I move to Linux?

5. SMC Elite16T not recognized during boot

6. Linux on ORB drive

7. input not recognized during boot

8. kernel panic: 00006

9. 60 GB IPOD deal found

10. 60 GB Maxtor on Ultra 10?

11. New IBM IDE drive recognized as 40 GB but is 80 GB

12. Maxtor 60 Gb problem

13. IBM 60 GB - Redhat