Cacheable area... how was that?

Post by Beat Rup » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Hi

I have a Digital HiNote VP710 and upgraded to 80MB RAM. Now I'm
wondering, whether this amount of memory is still cached? From the
specs it's not absolutely clear, how much 2nd level cache it has. It's
almost certain that's only 256kb.

Host bridge: Intel 82439TX (rev. 1)
Bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 1)

Something about Intel chipsets was bad earlier, they couldn't cache
more than 64mb. Probably this also happens on my computer??

Thanks for any hints

Beat

Cacheable area... how was that?

Post by Greg » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

> Host bridge: Intel 82439TX (rev. 1)
> Bridge: Intel 82371AB PIIX4 ISA (rev 1)
> Something about Intel chipsets was bad earlier, they couldn't cache
> more than 64mb. Probably this also happens on my computer??

   Well, here's a hint you asked for, but you might want to check
this for sure or maybe someone else could chime in.  As far as I
know, all 430?X chipsets have the 64 MB cacheable RAM limitation.
Yours appears to be one of them :-(

   Greg H.

--

Cacheable area... how was that?

Post by Mark Hah » Thu, 05 Aug 1999 04:00:00

Quote:> this for sure or maybe someone else could chime in.  As far as I
> know, all 430?X chipsets have the 64 MB cacheable RAM limitation.
> Yours appears to be one of them :-(

the TX is limited to 64M, but the HX wasn't, depending on whether
the board vendor provided optional external tag sram.

1. we have SAN(Storage Area Network), can we have CAN (Computer Area Network)

In future, storage will became SAN.
How about CAN (Computer Area Network) ?

We need faster compile speed, we will use more applications, database access
is so slow.
Just buy some servers, add them to the CAN, through web make some
configuration.
So everything is done !

Different server just like different sub-network.
Through the internet , distributed calculate is there.

Jini is a good begining.

and then a new operation system will come.

A chance to beat micro$oft.
Does linux have this kind of product ?

2. multiple X sessions on one machine

3. System Administrators / Service Engineers wanted at Yahoo! (in SF bay area or LA area)

4. Gravis Ultrasound PnP Problem

5. mmap'ing 2 or more mem-area's to 1 mem-area?

6. env vars, how to set and get them?

7. Xwindows: desktop area mismatch with viewable area ?

8. News Seagate 4GB Won't Take a Label!

9. Work area/view area (Newbie)

10. Mapping IO device to Cacheable memory

11. Non cacheable page ?

12. Not cacheable page ?

13. RAM upgrade and max. amount of cacheable mem.