Problem with Thomas Conrad Ethernet PCI cards based on DEC Tulip chip

Problem with Thomas Conrad Ethernet PCI cards based on DEC Tulip chip

Post by Jean-Marc Alli » Thu, 31 Aug 1995 04:00:00

I have a Thomas Conrad Ethernet PCI card based on the DEC21*40 chip. I
can't find a way to make it work. The tulip driver by Becker in the
1.3.20 doest not work properly, and the DE4x5 driver does not work
much better.

Has anyone succeeded in using these cards under Linux?

JM Alliot

1. trouble with Thomas-Conrad Ethernet card

I have the 1.0 (?) "net" kernel that comes with the 1.2 Slackware
distribution, and I am trying to get a Thomas-Conrad TC5043-T Ethernet card
to work with it.  At boot time I get the error message

NE*000 ethercard probe at 0x300:  00 00 80 00 13 00 not found.

If I change the base address of the card, the 0x300 gets replaced by that,
and if I put in a real NE2000, it is recognized (but I don't have the
transceiver the NE2000 needs), so it seems that the probe is just unhappy
about the contents of memory.  I tried adding the line

ether=5, 0x300, 0, 1, eth0

to /etc/lilo.conf but that seemed to have no effect.  I'm a newbie and don't
have much disk space so I'd rather not have to mess with ne.c and rebuilding
the kernel (but will if necessary).  I've looked at the ethernet-howto and
net-2-howto; can anyone HELP?

2. From cgi call in user space, establish proxy connection

3. SMC's PCI Ethernet driver (DEC's tulip chip)

4. Anyone still working on a Diamond Stealth X Driver?

5. DEC Tulip-based PCI ethernet NIC support?

6. ntsysv source

7. pci ethernet card with dec 21143 chip

8. Auto mail-check?

9. DEC 21x4x based PCI ethernet cards (deX driver)

10. Problem with tulip based card (DEC 21140)

11. Accton EN1207 Network Card (based on DEC Tulip 21140 c.s.)

12. Tulip chip ethernet cards under Mac OS 7/8/9?

13. Problem with DEC 21041 based Ethernet card on ASUS PC