ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

Post by Rob Wither » Sat, 18 Dec 1999 04:00:00

I am reposting with a better date!  ;-)

This is a brand new chip according to ATI.  Does anyone have any
suggestions?

> I tried Mach64 and SVGA servers and I had display on the Mach64 but it
> wasn't synced.  Has anyone gotten this combo to work?

> Display:
> Bus AGP 2x

> ???    30ms/130nits ???

> Video
> Chipset  ATI Rage Mobility M
> SDRAM  4MB
> 60 Hz  refresh

> Gracias,
> Rob

ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

I have got same problem..

Post by Rob Wither » Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I have got same problem..

Hi! Well it's nice to have company I suppose!  :)  Hopefully a X guru
will see this and provide kind help to us.  I am trying to hack the
ModeLine on a "1024x768" line that does display, but it isn't synced.
I am using the Mach64 server and the LCD 1024x768 Display.  I used
Xconfigurator to generate the file, then I reduced it to essentials.  I

I get a dispay but it is garbage.  I just tried to change the total
vert time but that locked me up.  Now I am going to try and change the
sync start and end timings.  I also tried using the HSkew, but I think
I need to get the syncs right first.

Hopefully, this won't blow my laptop up!  I don't think it will cause
any damage because all the frequencies for Horix and Vert are set (60
and 31.5-48.5).

I will post the XF86Config if I get it...

wish me luck!
Rob

> > I am reposting with a better date!  ;-)

> > This is a brand new chip according to ATI.  Does anyone have any
> > suggestions?

> > > I tried Mach64 and SVGA servers and I had display on the
> Mach64 but it
> > > wasn't synced.  Has anyone gotten this combo to work?

> > > Display:
> > > Bus AGP 2x

> > > ???    30ms/130nits ???

> > > Video
> > > Chipset  ATI Rage Mobility M
> > > SDRAM  4MB
> > > 60 Hz  refresh

> > > Gracias,
> > > Rob

ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

Post by Rob Wither » Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Ok I can't tune the horizontal...
:)

Is there a console vidtune?

here is my modeline:
ModeLine "1024x768"  65  1024 1048 1296 1344 768 771 779 806

HorizSync  31.5-48.5

I have a 60Hz refresh with the previously given machine info.

Please help me!  Argg!
TIA,
Rob

ATI Rage Mobility M on a thinkpad 1480

Post by Rob Wither » Sun, 19 Dec 1999 04:00:00

GOT IT!

Set the XServer to SVGA, use 1024x768 at 32 bbp,

    vga=792

into the lilo.conf and rerun lilo.  Now reboot.  YOu should be good to
go!

Cheers,
Rob

1. X and IBM Thinkpad 1480

   Does anyone have X running on the IBM Thinkpad i1480 (i-series).
   This is a known incompatibility issue (hopefully temporary) that
people
   have claimed to have resolved.
  If anyone knows the solution Xconfig please respond

2. More resolution questions

3. JEFF's IBM Thinkpad-1480 (iSeries)

4. LinuxPPC install Problem

5. X on Thinkpad iSeries 1480

6. buffer overflows

7. JEFF's IBM Thinkpad-1480 (iSeries)

8. PPP question

9. ATI Rage Mobility w/ External Monitor

10. ATI Rage Mobility and Red Hat 6.1

11. Does XFree86 3.3.6 Support ATI Rage-Mobility Pro ?